Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1949 Mercury M47 Pickup

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by old school rodder, May 14, 2022.

1. old school rodder

old school rodder

City: eau claire

State: Wisconsin
    Price: $20,000
    Just finishing this truck, decided i need to thin the herd. I'm reluctantly listing this....
    To start, the driveline is all new, rebuilt motor that came with the truck, added a T-5 trans. the motor is 276 c.i., Sharp's intake, Holley 390 cfm, lots of details i can share.

the front suspension is all new or rebuilt starting with new kingpins, tie rod, shocks, Posie's lowered leaf springs, disc brakes. Front end is very nice, tight, went together easy.

All new brake system, new brake lines, dual master, rebuilt rear brakes with all new parts. Coker radial bias looking tires, i have the original rims which go with this as well as the original hubcaps. i restored the rims and painted them red, they are really pretty.

the stainless trim is as i got the truck, i haven't done anything to straighten it, but i did add new fender stainless that i had professionally straightened. This truck comes with a complete extra set of stainless trim, nice! i found that out in North Dakota.

All new glass all around, and new weatherstrip.

Seat is all new, professionally redone. I have the dash plastic, just haven't installed it yet to avoid cracking it while working around it. Cab is all repainted, ready for a headliner kit of your choosing. heater re-cored, original 6 volt dual direction motor and switch. kinda hard to find all those pieces. a fellow HAMBer hooked me up with the original FoMoCo kit in the original box to convert the single wiper to dual wiper. I then added a Newport Engineering motor, so its 2 speed, 12 volt. The whole truck is converted to 12 volt.

I have the original radiator, transmission and front brakes i took off in case someone wants to reverse this. I'm sure i'm leaving out info, so if you're interested, pm me to get a phone number to call and discuss. Not interested in foolish low ball bids, go and find one of these yourself if you want to try and be cheap. These are hard to find in the lower 48, i drove to Vancouver and imported this myself from a fellow HAMBer. that was a fun trip.

There are those little tweeks needed when a finished project is driven, buyer needs to accept the need to de-bug the little gremlins. I plan to start driving it this week, so far just around the neighborhood. fun to drive, folks like it. Tell me what you think

Attached Files:

indianoutlaw, Thor1, JAY_Fury and 4 others like this.
  2. old school rodder

old school rodder

3. old school rodder

old school rodder

lowered the price a little

4. old school rodder

old school rodder

i keep working on it, additions made since my initial post. converting to new 12v gauges this week.

5. old school rodder

old school rodder

really nice truck, i think its fun to drive.

6. old school rodder

old school rodder

7. old school rodder

old school rodder