Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1949 Baby Lincoln dual exhaust

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Celli, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Celli

Celli

Hi All
    does somebody know a seller which has 49 Lincoln 9EL dual exhaust systems?
    or maybe 49 Mercurys will fit (nearly)?
    i asked a professional restoration shop here in switzerland....they told me each side will cost 7500 bucks in stainless steel :mad::confused: ........crazy

My exhaust has some rust and holes...one muffler as well...thats why i think about to renew it completly

we dont have that much muffler shops around....so some minor modifications i am able to do...
    plmk :)

Greetings from switzerland
    Celli

Attached Files:

2. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

$15,000 for exhaust? That's insane. Swiss cars must at least occasionally need exhaust replaced. There has to be somebody with a tube bender that can do the job.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Try truck places too.

4. For $15,000 you could almost ship the car to the States for a $500.00 exhaust system and spend a week checking out the traditional car scene!!!!! :eek:

302GMC likes this.

5. Cosmo50

Cosmo50
    from California

Is that just for the pipe from the exhaust manifolds back? Or are they charging for the fabrication of headers?
    That seems like an insane ridiculous price.
    I do believe that the Lincoln and the Mercury are the same body and framewise from the firewall back. So something for a Merc might work. It will just need to be modified to fit your engine.

6. Celli

Celli

7. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

If you or a friend can weld, an armload of mandrel bends and 20 feet of exhaust tubing will put duals on anything within reason. Some practice with used pipe and an eye for aesthetics is a help.
    In the early '50s, Porter, Smithy, Huth, Belond and many others sold both dual sets and header sets, but the demand was all but gone by the time the OHV came out in '52.

8. Cosmo50

Cosmo50
    from California

Any pictures of your lincoln? I used to have a 50. Loved that huge flathead.

9. there's got to be a seller of pre made here in the states.....or some nos ones on the evilbay.....go over to the Ford barn and post a wanted ad.....

10. Celli

Celli

Attached Files:

11. manyolcars

manyolcars

or take any pipes and cut and weld. I use heat exchanger pipes for the curves

12. Cosmo50

Cosmo50
    from California

That is clean! I'm a little jealous. Reds Headers makes headers for the 337 Flathead. And H and H Flatheads has aluminum heads and intakes. I also saw on the Jamco website that the have a front disc brake kit. Just some info if you didn't know already.

13. Bluestone

Bluestone

Try this http://martelius.com here in Finland. Few years ago I bought dual exhaust to 61 Impala for 440 euros. All tubes and mufflers, no hangars or clamps, fits perfect.

14. Allmotor

Allmotor

Look at the universal kits from Summit or Jegs.

15. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

16. Celli

Celli

thanks so far for all hints etc.

asked another sop in the near and they gave me a much better offer for a stainless dual system, from the manifolds till the end, installed with all taxes app. 3100$

haha thats app. 12 grand less then the other one :p

stay tuned...