Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1949-52 Chevrolet Body Mount Pad locations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RMONTY, Nov 11, 2019.

1. RMONTY

RMONTY

I bought a new set of rubber body mounting pads from a well known Chev parts supplier, and while the pads look to be good quality, what they didn't supply was a diagram of what piece goes where on the frame. I was checking out one of Iron Trap's videos on an old Ford he is working on, and the set of pads he bought had a great diagram that showed the location of each piece. I was hoping someone has something similar for 49-52 Chevys. I searched here and the Google but came up empty handed.

2. RMONTY

RMONTY

3. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Different thickness ? Are they the same diameter ?

4. RMONTY

RMONTY

Some are apparent, others not so much. I was hoping there was a quick fix diagram but if not, I can figure it out by dissecting the parts car as the body hasn't been off of it. 20191112_190601.jpg

5. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes..if you have the parts car you can probably get under it and just count the shims at the A pillar and go back from there...the long ones look like glue downs , maybe over the rear frame rails...

RMONTY likes this.
  6. What I've learned over the years is that you still end up using shims for final adjustment and before the job is done you may go back and change them 2 or 3 times to keep the gaps where you like them. The rubber pads are just insulators more than anything. They help eliminate road noise.

RMONTY likes this.
  7. RMONTY

RMONTY

The 4 pads at the bottom of the pic are for the cowl mounts I believe. The larger ones I believe are for the areas around the seat mounting areas but as said, I can crawl up under the parts car and see for sure. Just thought someone might have had a picture. Thanks for the input!

8. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

slotted ones at the bottom are for radiator. 2 long ones go under seat and 2 go under trunk other ones at bottom are cowl.

RMONTY likes this.
  9. RMONTY

RMONTY

Thanks for the input fastcar1953...

10. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

welcome, i've built a few. 53 and 54 chevy cars. hence the name fastcar1953