Register now to get rid of these ads!

1948 hillegass sprint car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by meengrinch, Feb 18, 2010.

1. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

Thank you....The car is now on display at the Owls Head museum in Maine

2. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

gee........havent seen the car for a long time.....it sure does look neat

3. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Any new projects in the works Jim? Stay warm and on the upside racing starts in a couple of months.

4. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

actually right now we are getting ready to assemble a drinan/cicconi supermod that belongs to jon gambutti out of new jersey for ISMA racing this year.....the frame has already been sandblasted and painted. the front and rear ends are in place.....motor has been rebuilt by a shop out of north carolina......winters being real hard on us this year so things are slowed down. scotty and i just came back from the chili bowl too. i think we will get back to things soon.....many thanks go out to kevin marcorrelle on his work in the reassemble..hes checked every single bolt .....safety wired all,hes a perfectionist......kyle thistlewood has cleaned all the oil tank and pump and every fluid line in car.....without these guys just couldnt do it period......ill try to post some pics soon but lost my i-pad to a thief and the pics are hard to do w/o it..........jim:)

5. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

image.jpeg The "1948 Hillegas"

stillrunners and s55mercury66 like this.
  6. nice build there....and that little Red Ram sure shows well !

7. What ever happened with the towel city recaps???