Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1948 Chevrolet fleetmaster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gallogiro, Jun 9, 2013.

1. gallogiro

gallogiro

This might be the last time I post on this thread, hope those of you that followed enjoyed it. I spent a lot of time on this car, and money, but I poured my heart and soul into this car and although it wasn't a trophy car it was still mine and was still what I envisioned it to be, I completed my vision and finished what I had started a few years ago I was able to step back and say this is it, I am done I finished my car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[youtube]HP9Xt-QNqF4[/youtube]

As of just a few days ago I took my last ride my 48 was never going to go back up on my driveway again, It went up on craigslist and in under 24 hours it was sold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[youtube]JgXweg7li44[/youtube]

[youtube]GSfuaO_6mNg[/youtube]

[​IMG]

I was really sad to see it go the whole way i was following it i was deep down hoping he would back out of the deal and it goes back home but he didn't to be honest there couldn't have been a better guy to buy it I can tell he really loved it and was going to love it as much as I did it made me feel really good he bought it it wasn't just someone that was going to try to flip it and was just going to bounce around craigslist and facebook from guy to guy and wont enjoy it just try to flip over and over and just end up in someones back yard deteriorating. I spent so much time with it and put my heart and soul into it, its not my car anymore but will always have a piece of me and be a part of me. And now its at its new home in Hemet, again I'm glad who the new owner is there couldn't have been a better guy to buy it, and he now has a real solid start to his first bomb

8 years ago, January 27 2008 the first day it arrived

[​IMG]

i remember the day, as soon as it hit my back yard i put on clothes i bought the day before from the thrift store to work on it i knew it was going to get real dirty the first day i grinded all the grime and rust off the trunk and undercarriage

[​IMG]

now sits an empty spot, was a sad feeling when I noticed that when I got home. you guys saw, spot where I spent hard days and long nights for years

[​IMG]

And I say goodbye, it wasn't easy. Some wont understand but cars are family. Take care gordita, it was a nice ride a really good experience and I learned alot

[​IMG]

Soooo.... NOW... if you know me, you know I wouldn't let it go for nothing I'm doing really really good I don't need the money and I really loved this car. But I only let it go to replace it with another those that know me know that's why I sold it. I was going to keep it under wraps and bust out but I cant since I'm going to do a thread on it so ill just tell you guys, the only reason I sold it is to replace it with another one or had one locked down. so get ready, I'm replacing my 48 with a 64 ragtop impala. As of now I have enough to have 3 different options from out of state they wont be projects all 3 are running and driving will be a fast build just plan to give it personal touches like rims and hydraulics. In the process of trying to negotiate a price but at their asking price I'm still happy so soon I will have one of the three here at my house. my 59 I'm wrapping up now so it will be done as well but in the end I will have a 50s impala my 59, a square body 60s impala the 64 rag and a 60s fastback my 65. This is why I sold my 48 to chase impalas so its not a sad ending for me

also in the same week I sold this bitch my daily truck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sold it to buy a 2011 avalanche that one I'm getting it in 2 weeks. I'm going to put 24s on and some leafing and striping and sound system. so I been gone, but busy setting up other and new projects =)

2. You did a great job on the '48 and I'm sorry to see it go, but it's apparently going to a good home and you're moving on to other projects. Sometimes we must let go to move on. I'm looking forward to seeing you turn that '64 Chevy droptop into another work of art. Best wishes!

3. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Great job Man! You gave it soul. I so appreciate the time, effort, blood, sweat and thoughtful lessons and examples of what can be possible with good work. Vaya con Dios.

4. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Good luck with Impalas

richard souza likes this.
  5. mismoloko

mismoloko

I know this is a old post but could u please tell me what type ir brand of insulation did you use for tge floors im about to do the same to my car before i send it to get ulphoster thank u