Register now to get rid of these ads!

1948 chev sedan chopped

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Squarepants, Aug 12, 2007.

1. puprod

puprod
    from pa

Thanks for posting the pics, just picked up a 48 fleetline 4dr for $150. Was really wondering what this would look like chopped.

2. williebill

williebill

car looks great...that Buick rear bumper is pure sex if you can make it work..

3. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

that looks nice..how much did you remove from the roof?

4. waynesworld

waynesworld

looks real nice. keep goin

5. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

Your welcome

Thats what Im thinking

6 1/2

Tryin , but got layed off from work

6. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

I'm loving what you're doing with the 48 2dr sedan. I had played with modifying pics of my 48 and others on the 'net, seeing how it would look, and didn't think there would be enough headroom with that severe of a chop, but apparantly it works. :D

It sounds like your 48 was in similar condition to what mine is now. Barn-fresh. Chopping may be far down the road for me, its not my forte. But its on the list.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

From your pics yours looks alot cleaner then mine was when I first got it . All it takes is time ... oh and some $$$ .Ive been working on my 48 for a long time these days most of the big stuff I want done is done I.E the chop and chassis swap , Im working on smaller stuff these days , new bumpers and head lights .

8. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

Here a photo shp pic of what I am doing right now . Ill try and get some "real" pics up soon

This is what the grill and head lights look like now.

[​IMG]

This is what I am doing to it , without the new bumper

[​IMG]

9. skoh73

skoh73

Squarepants, that is one sick chop! I would never have thought that you could take that much off of that car and have it look so smoothe. If you need any photoshopping done, send me a p.m.

10. hot chili rods

hot chili rods
    BANNED
    from hudson wi.

Nice ratttttttttttt rod

11. Ghost28

Ghost28

Man. You need to read the whole thread. Before ya post...ghost

12. hot chili rods

hot chili rods
    BANNED
    from hudson wi.

hey ghost, spook or whatever you are, i know steve personally, so go suck on a blow torch, i realize its a very nice ride, just rubbing him a little.

13. Ghost28

Ghost28

Isnt it nice that you guys are close. but not all of us would know this. Maybe next time expand on your post a little bit so were all in on the rubbing of your friend. And yes it is a nice car and didn't deserve to be labeled as a shoddy build...ghost, or spook, or whatever.

BLOW TORCH ...OUCH

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  14. COS

COS
    from KCMO

BOO!!

Sorry had to do it.....

15. JAWS

JAWS

Mista squarepants, got any detailed pics of the chassis swap.

I are intrigued and would like to do the same on my coupe. Getting tired of rebuilding the MII
    You have made it look so easy, maybe an idiot like me could pull it off.

6 1/2, hmmmm wonder what my coupe would look like with that much taken out of the top..

Imitation=flattery.

16. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

Thanks .

17. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

Sorry man I dont have any pics of the chassis swap . I did it so fast I never thought about taking any pics . I had lifted the body up and set it on jack stands and wanted to get it back off the jacks as fast as I could , Im sure you under stand . I have no idea if your an idiot but I tend to be a bit of a nut job and a screw ball , and I was able to do it soooo all I can say is the only way to know if you can do it is to get started .

18. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

Well seeing I am about as broke as you can get , laid off in jan . Ive been doing things that dont cost me very much $$$ :D I started to work the 54 buick head lights in and found out the pass fender is basically junk so I stopped seeing I have to find another fender and have no money . So I started working on the interior , make things nicer cleaning things up . Heres what I did to the dash . Im still missing the speedo I want , Im going to use a 41 chevy because the face is silver/stainless and will match with what I have done also I have to install one more gauge , the temp gauge is still hooked up to the engine . The color I used is from a 96 chevy suburban , the same color my suburban is Ive always liked it . Its a very nice dark metallic blue . One more interesting tidbit ... I did it with a rattle can lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Ghost28

Ghost28

Class build... Keep us posted and I hope some work comes your way. At least your using your time wisely...ghost

20. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

Thanks , Im one of the lucky few that got laid off , my father is retireing at the end of july and the company he works for has already givin me his postition . Now I just have to make it till then .

21. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota

Well heres my 48 ready for the summer . Just reshot it and put the stainless back on . Pulled it out for the first time this yr .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did alittle work on the grille . Painted the inset of the grille same blue as I did the dash in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also painted the radiator / hood latch

[​IMG]

22. looks much better with the chop

23. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

Looks killer with that chop. Nice work.

24. Squarepants

Squarepants
    from Minnesota