Register now to get rid of these ads!

1948 buick build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redhumphries, Jun 2, 2013.

1. redhumphries

redhumphries

this is my sons car I gave it to him awhile ago. With 2 small kids into soccer and everything else he doesn't have a lot of time for this so this will be a long build thread. Plans call for alittle update on the suspension, 401 with maybe 5spd and dark blue paint, don't know color for interior yet. Hey if anyone needs any of the original drive train stuff give me a shout. Here are a few pictures he got the fenders off today without a hassle.

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pics - keep this updated. yep, day to day life can get in the way of a project. but, have to get in any time that you can.

3. raidmagic

raidmagic

wow it looks like a really solid car to work with. Good luck to him with it.

4. tom in nh

tom in nh

Red,
    Interested in the original drivetrain items.
    PM sent.
    Thanks,
    Tom

5. caddyrodder

caddyrodder

Nice project. The full size fat fendered cars are great. Keep it updated.

6. Orn

Orn

Looks like a good project! Keep it up.

7. I gave my son 2 sedanettes a 47 super and a 48 roadmaster. I had them 25 years without building them. he's had them 10 and there still sitting. I guess that proves that the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. lol