Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1946 Ford Coupe - Barn Find

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Bull, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Bull

Bull

City: Mendota Heights

State: Minnesota
    Price: 7200
    I'm listing this for a friend and fellow HAMBer (though he's a lurker and hasn't posted).
    Please contact Mike with any questions. [email protected]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Running 1946 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe for sale.
    New Glass, Many New Rubber Seals, and Several Other Parts included in Sale Price.
    Has a newer (1949-1953) 8BA flathead V8 engine and 3-speed transmission.

Runs, Drives and Stops! Flathead Purrs!
    Has clear title and has Minnesota plates licensed through February 2015.

I am a former ASE Master Mechanic and since pulling this stalled project out of a barn in central MN I have...
    1. Replaced all steel and rubber brake lines.
    2. Cleaned and honed all wheel cylinders & master brake cylinder.
    3. Installed new rear brake shoes and cleaned and adjusted all brakes.
    4. Repaired and lubed transmission linkage.
    5. Adjusted points and Timing.
    6. Replaced carburetor float and installed new manual choke cable.
    7. Installed a re-lined/renewed fuel tank with a cleaned/serviced fuel sending unit.
    8. Installed new rubber fuel line at fuel pump and rubber fuel fill neck hose after cleaning and blowing out the steel fuel line.
    9. Changed engine oil and filter.
    10. Installed new Bob Drake Water pumps and new motor mounts.
    11. Installed new upper and lower radiator hoses and new belts.
    12. Back-flushed radiator & engine and filled cooling system with new antifreeze.
    13. Installed new hood release.
    14. Replaced Starter Solenoid, starter button and ignition coil.
    15. Replaced thermostats.
    16. Installed new front shock and shock link.
    17. Installed new front tires and nearly new rear tires.
    18. Installed new blinker/hazard switch and wired all lights for 12-volts
    19. Installed voltage reducer circuit boards on all gauges so they work with 12 volt system.
    20. Installed front windshield and rearview mirror.
    21. Installed new seat upholstery.

I have NOT WASHED the car since pulling it out of the barn. Lots of dirt and grime makes it look awesome driving down the road. Front stainless is in great shape. Side moldings will also polish up nicely. Chrome bumpers are starting to peal but look good with the unfinished car.

This car starts great and the flathead V8 purrs! It is licensed and is drivable, but it still needs a little work. You can finish installing the glass and cruise with the fine patina! Or you can do body and interior work for a truly beautiful classic. Your choice!

New glass and most of the car's seals are included in the sale price. (over $400 of glass from Vintage Glass USA, and over $600 of seals, gaskets, and other parts from Bob Drake Parts) Original hubcaps and radio are included but not installed yet. Original interior knobs and several other parts are included in the sale. (see photos) Not pictured are the front interior kick panels and the interior rear quarter trim panels. They are included.

I am still working on the car while it is listed. Next steps are to install radio, install cowl trim pieces, change transmission gear lube and differential gear lube, and install rest of glass. Buy it now and do some work yourself before the price goes up due to more time and materials on my part!

Roadsir and 63fairlane like this.
  2. Bull

Bull

Back glass is in now.

Mike also put another 100 or so miles on the car and it runs and drives great!

To the top!

3. Bull

Bull

To the top.

Open to offers.

4. Bull

Bull