Register now to get rid of these ads!

1946 Chevy Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BUSTEDKNUCKLE, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

I have been working on my 46 for about 6 months, not ready to drive yet but getting closer. I built the frame, has front solid axel air and rear air bags. Chopped 8 in , has a 1963 389 pontiac with auto. Taking it to a show in october, hope I can get it there.

Curt

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

this is gong to end badly, and hopefully pretty fast.

Nothing traditional about it, dont belong here

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

X2, I agree

4. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

you used to build mini trucks didn't you? just a guess.

5. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

How is that? cutomising cars has been around along time probably way before you were born. Tradtional? What is the term you use? someone who can customize, what a 1950 shoebox? Been done 1000 times before. Get over your wreak self and move on. Things have changed, when the big boys can invest 100,000 and more,where dose that leave us? the reality buider? I built this from scratch with minumal tools. Your loosing direction in what car buiding is all about, CREATIVITY, FREIDSHIPE, AND COMPASTION FOR FOR FELLOW BUIlDER. You need to come down to reality! regulare builders are not that damn impreased in seeing another typical build. Hey dude very very weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do me favor post your recent build... Crap, I could tell what what you did if you told me year, make, and model.........................

6. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Been done a thousand times, HMMMM maybe thats what TRADITIONAL means,,,

As such your truck is not a traditional build, the aztec flame frame rails are right out of the fat tired chumpers build book..

Ever heard of a scrubline???

7. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

I see your a little fired up. I think it"s a very cool build, can't wait to see it finished.

8. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

you maybe need to do some research before you post

9. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

10. Soviet

Soviet

Saved for a rainy day.

[​IMG]

11. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

NO. I built pleny of muscle cars before this. From your avitar pic your just among the many..... FALL IN LINE WITH THE HUNDRED OTHER CARS THAT LOOK JUST LIKE YOURS. I and many others just walk pass and give big yawn!!!!! SEEN IT DONE IT. Anyone can build a car from a parts catiloge. Hell, you wouldtn know how to build your four link unless it came to you in a box. Keep posting... lets see what you, shit I forgotten more than you will ever know.

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

lmao.... dude has no idea where he is. I always love that.

Traditional Hot Rods and Customs.... pretty hard to understand isn't it?

13. boys, boys , boys-get a grip!! build what you want-someone doesn't think it belongs here, well, they're entitled to their opinion as well. who the hell cares. do what you like to do, build what you want and forget about it.

14. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

and for the record, there isnt another truck in the world that looks exactly like the one I just finished, and there are a bunch of others that have no clones.

15. Zeke

Zeke

Another product of California's excellent education system.... Spellchecker is your FREID

16. old1946truck

old1946truck

Man you wasted a good 46 chevy I wish you knew how hard sheet metal is to come by for those. And that cab was in great shape just to build another one of those rat rods out of. This is the place for you but this is http://ratrodstuff.com/

17. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

you have no idea the cars that i have built, but lets just say you've see a few of them around, you have no idea of my ability,or talent so be sure what you post is what you want to say before you make an ass of yourself

edit: I'm just going to stop here it's not worth my time or attention and it's not worth me being under the moderators radar

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  18. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Anybody for some........

[​IMG]

19. I don't know how long this post will last, but along with the popcorn, I'm going for a soda and mild duds.......

20. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

21. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

This doesn't come in a box, nor does it have instructions,,

[​IMG]

sorry just cant stop myself,,,

22. Zeke

Zeke

You suck Jay..:p

23. retromotors

retromotors

WAAAY too late for that!

24. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

25. rainman1958

rainman1958

They don't get it Bustedknuckle Never will. A dick is a dick is a dick.

26. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Its not that we dont get it, or maybe we dont want to get it, its not a traditional build, it is O/T. No more relavent here than the SSR Pro Mod I posted.

27. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Actually, that chassis is pretty traditional, it's styled after an old school Romulan design. A cheap and less logical knockoff of a Vulcan, minus the wire wheels, of coarse.

28. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

Wow a very nice build!!!!! so you do have skills... You shoulnd crap on ohters builds. Most of us build it for our personal satisfaction. Is that buid for you or did somone pay you for your talent????????? Its easy to sell out when somone is paying the the price tag......

29. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Sellout????
    If enjoying what you do and geting paid to do it is selling out, Okay. I also build for personal satisfaction, I just get paid to do it.

I've been building those style cars for a long time, they pay pretty good and sure are fun to watch.

They dont all have to be Hamb friendly and I never crapped on your build. It not a traditional build. Its not my style build either.

BUT,,,, It is off topic here.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  30. BUSTEDKNUCKLE

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

If thats the case then keep the comments to yourself... and just be happy buiding somthing that you dont pay for, for some one else. I really try to build things within a reasonable bugget. Everything you see was hand built by me with nothing but a plasma cutter, welder, and hand grinder. You dont seem to see that there is alot builders that are not as talented you or have finacial means to build at your level... think about it were did start???? show me you 2nd build with no help or finacial suport. My guess you started at a shop and worked out of that till you could move on from the training they gave you.... I know you didnt learn it from MIT. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.