Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1941 Nash hotrod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Hey guy, Nice job saving the nash! 10 years ago my buddy / boss had the same coup in nice clean condition. It was a kick ass car, but he fell into a divorce and lost his mind. he sunk alot of money into the car and the motor, then let it go and wound up junking it!!! He even hammered up the hubcaps to make shitty ashtrays out of. It had a nice origional interior and everything...2 door coup just like yours. What I really dug was the stock exhaust manifold!!!! Why they didn't do that on more cars, I dont know, but what a hell of an idea!!!!

2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

well, went to the swapmeet at the puyallup fairgrounds on saturday. Didnt sell much, but got some cool shit. Picked up a set of these old alloy 5 spokes for $35, an old safty belt for a dollar, and a new distributor cap for a dollar. I also finished up my transmission tunnal.

Attached Files:

3. Tim G

Tim G

Those wheels look like a real bargain!! :)

4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

So there was no need to narrow the front or rear ends on this project and all fitted under the fenders without a problem!

5. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I yanked the cam outta my smallblock today, and turns out it already had a cam in it. It was the 201258 Supercam - http://www.iskycams.com/pdfcatalog/2004-05/page84.pdf

Its basically the same as the cam i got for it, 2102

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/camshafts/cams_chevy_sb.shtml

So i took it back, and picked up a little hotter cam, the crane cams 272 H10

http://cranecams.com/?show=browsePa...-400 C.I.&partNumber=100052&partType=camshaft.

So many freekin specs!

Im starting to hate cams now.

6. psycho666

psycho666
    from Wa

7. i love this stuff. great learning curve for you. wish i had a workshop. oddball stuff rocks!

8. Good for you. Say, if you're ever in Wisconsin, I've got a '41 Poncho you can help me with!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

10. I like it. Your learning alot and thats part of the fun goforit.

11. J-Gilmoore

J-Gilmoore

Damn i wish id never sold my -46 ambassador

12. vertible59

vertible59

Saw a 4-door one at the nationals in Columbus in '78. Had a tube chassis, full cage, and a HEMI. Seems like the guy drove it from the back seat area because of engine setback. It still had the rear fenders like yours with some huge skins and tubs. The car was running and drivable, but unfinished, and drew a crowd wherever it stopped. Never will forget that car...thought it was SO cool. Yours is too!

13. You and that kid that made that aluminum Willy's on here are the two most amazing threads I've ever seen on here. Both of you shouldn't know jack shit at your age and you and he both have posted stuff years beyond your age. Thanks for all the detailed updates, it keeps me occupied for hours.

14. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

well, got my cam in, and the pan gasket started leaking.

Figured the easiest way to get to it would be to pull the body, then yank the drivetrain. Whoo.

Got the motor on a stand, double checked my cam, and put on a new 1 piece oil pan gasket, and a new timing cover gasket. Then i decided to change the motor a bit, so i painted it black. I like the black with the chrome look, especially with my fenderwell headers

Now i just gonna paint the frame, drop the motor back in, finish up some welding on the body, and wire it, and its good to go!

Attached Files:

15. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Gonna be placing the body back on the frame soon.

Heres whats been taking up my time lately

Anybody wanna do a photoshop?
    Lowered, with a white top, and a metalic purple body, with white scallops

Attached Files:

16. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

For the day boys

17. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

DUDE,

I wish I had half the get up and go that you have,

I've watch this BUILD from the start and am just amazed ,

I know you think your Dad didn't help ya but really he knew that you could do it.

At your age you SHOULD be so proud of what you have done ,and know that not just anyone regardless of age could do it,

It takes someone special do finish a project that big......

HELL I'm PROUD of ya.....

18. Reverend_Jack

Reverend_Jack

I just gotta point out that I am really damn proud of you little brother. I wish I got half the talent from our gene pool that you did.

But ya know I got the social skills and good looks so I can't complain!

The Spinach Monster came together in ways none of us EVER thought it would. Old Joe'd be proud to see it up and running again.

19. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

wow marty, i hadnt seen the latest progress yet, its coming along great!

you gonna put a windshield on it?

20. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

well i got the front end back on it, and i got the motor back in as well. Still dealing with little shit here and there. Got my new wheels mounted on tires as well, just saving up for some hurst cheater slicks now :p

Attached Files:

21. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

heres for the night crew

22. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Great Thread !!! I might lower the rear or radious the rear wheelwells

23. i been followin this. i cant wait to see it all done. the mags are lookin great and will be awesome with the cheater slicks. keep up the great work.

24. Reverend_Jack

Reverend_Jack

Those wheels and tires look amazing.
    Having seen the Spinach Monster up close and personal I got a couple questions. Are you really using those little scoops on the hood? Really? You know there is a mailbox in the shop you can use...

Also. What did you do to widen out the front end? It looks like its all fitting a whole lot better than it did last time I was home.

Good work though little brother. Ya keep makin me proud.

25. What kind of tires are those and where'd you get them? That's about the size white wall i'd like to use on my truck.

Great progress too!

26. hotrodjeep

hotrodjeep
    from Tama, Iowa

God damn punk kids....

Oh, Wait, Your on of the kool ones, Nevermind. Please continue kicking ass.

27. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

everybody says to do that, so im not gonna.
    :p

28. The_Hermit

The_Hermit
    from France

Nice one. Wish I could do that : I'm 32 and still on my first project bike - I might graduate to an old car within 15 - 20 years when I have more time and money.

Before then I'll try to learn how to weld, and I'll be set.

Keep on going, and don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't do it. They will be wrong.

29. Nice going kid.................................

30. psycho666

psycho666
    from Wa

lookin good kiddo!