Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 International yay or nay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ghostrdr, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So I was looking into a 56 2D Chieftan for $3,800, and of course it was sold but this guy told me about a 41 international pickup for a bit less ($3,000) 6 cylinder 233 green diamond,4 speed transmission,all stainless steel grille,99% rust free. Picture actually looks better than I thought. I am really jonesing for another old car and I have Tax money burning a hole. But I never really considered a Truck. Any thoughts? That SS grille is supposedly worth a little bit and it is a last year before the war vehicle, which I always find cool.

2. chopo

chopo

cool,, binders make nice rides. not your average f-1. :eek:
    just my 2 cents

3. FencePost

FencePost

I like it. It would make a cool rod.

4. a4278v

a4278v

I LOVE THEM!!!I have had a 48 an the road for 30 yrs! Bruce.

5. pool

pool

hale yea! you'll never regret buying it. they remind me of the same year ford from the front and you won't pull up to another one at every show. pool.

6. Those KB trucks are sweet if you ask me!Like the early 50,s Stude cars they are a design ahead of the time....

7. BinderRod

BinderRod

We need some more Binders in Missouri!!

What part of Missouri are you from?

8. The whole world needs more binders. Great score. BUILD IT!

9. Terraizer

Terraizer

Cool, get it they make neat rigs. I have a 1946 K-2, a 1947 KB-1, and a 1949 KB-2. It probley has a 214 Green Diamond the 233's where in the K-5 and larger.

10. 59NASH

59NASH

Do it. I have a k-5 and drive the crap outa it during the summer. Though mine does not look nearly that good and have a dump box on the back.

11. Powerband

Powerband

I have been debating what could be done with this sweetheart. It's right by my place but it's a big mutha:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Powerband :cool:

12. MOPARMORTUARY

MOPARMORTUARY

I've gotta couple of those KBs, I really dig-em! I'm gonna do one o mine gasser style when I get my current project done! I'd like to think of it as my poor mans WILLYS!!! Chad

13. Powerband. Mine's a KB-5 as well, and I'm just using the cab and center of the grill shell. Fenders too long, and opening is too big to use the fenders. If I had a motor and tranny as it looks like you do, I'd probably have used them just to be different.

You have a great truck to work with. Count yourself lucky.

14. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Those ol' Binders are starting to show up. They make great drivers and are not common as bellybuttons! Where in Missouri are you?

15. Is that wierd, or what? I live in Polk County, Iowa. Just saying.

16. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

[​IMG]
    My KB-6 I got almost a year ago. Looks much better dry. Possibly the most solid old vehicle I've ever got. A little rust here and there...but its all together.

Cabs too big and "new" to go fenderless (Unless its a RATROD...haha...nah), too strangely laid out to swap onto an normal truck frame, too solid to carve up, too clunky as it is to do anything with.

Maybe someone with an KB-fetish would be interested?

17. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I'd say go for it. I'd rather have a truck than a car anyday.

18. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

I was always more of a Scout fan, but I passed up a really cheap International 1 ton in Galesburg Kansas with a 229 V8 or something along those CI lines, so I am gonna have to go check this thing out then. I am in KC, but the truck is in Gardner, so Even though I risk losing the deal by saying at least it would be to a HAMB'r. Anyway, Cyrus, I was and still call home DesMoines. I grew up in Ankeny, but spent most of my Time on the south side.

19. Terraizer

Terraizer

Frosty21, the K-6/KB-6 and up used the earlier 1937-1940 D series cabs, There are very little difference in that cab and a 1/2 ton D series cab, Removeable rocker for battery, some firewall diffs, and different cab mounts).

20. Abomination

Abomination

I may have bought the one you were looking at!

~Jason