Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features **1941-1946 Chevy Truck Picture Thread**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arrowood Rod & Kustom, Sep 23, 2010.

1. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

can't afford that newer stuff. Will a '40 do ?
    DOING A TCI FRONT END & 4-LINK WITH A 350/350

Attached Files:

2. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Love it, the way it sits , the original paint, Good Job man,,:D:cool:

3. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I suppose a 1940 is a little ot for this thread, but I like it, wont hold it against you,
    heck if ya want you can start your own 1940 CHevy picture thread, :D

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  4. Lucky444

Lucky444

Ha! I should tell him he's been driving on the wrong side of the road to maybe!

I didn't even notice those wing windows. Fat141, are you on here? Chime in if you are. Those stock for Australia? I do love that truck.

5. fat141

fat141

Busy, but won't be later. Will see what I can chase up for you guys.
    Later
    Rod

6. fat141

fat141

OK, back again. I have been doing some research into US/AUSSIE cabs and there are various differences. Mainly NO flipper window (quarter window). Aussie only, and during my search for some, it appears the doors are different also. The front of your door leans in at the top, you have cowl vent, we have vent on either side of the cab at about shin level, we have about 4" from bottom of door to running board, you guys have bout inch and half, you rear window is larger than ours and your swage moulding is also different.
    If anybody would like some quarter windows, send me a pm and I will sent a cardboard pattern to you and if it works in your door then I may be able to get some. Maybe I should post details of our cab and you can compare for yourselves.
    Hope it helps.
    Cheers
    Rod

7. forty1

forty1

Hey fat41,.., Verry interesting,, perhaps Chevrolet exported a version of the Art Deco cabs with some additions of the AD cab. My first thought was a early AD cab only and regular 41 sheetmetal, especially with the fresh air vents on the sides..
    Either way, Your 41 is STUNNING.

-41-

8. Let me clear up one thing, my Isuzu frame is not a rebadged S-10 as someone suggested. I have a couple of S-10 frames in the yard, and have worked with them, know about the bulge in the front part of the frame.
    My front wheels are tuck up in the fenders, and with a small diameter tire it looks even lower. The track width is around 62". For your information these Isuzu frames have adjustable torsion bar suspension on the front and are easily raised or lowered depending on the ride height you desire.

9. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Yep, ONE CRUSTY ONE, If anything Izuzu had more connections with ford not chevy,
    dont know where Brett got that idea from.. maybe he was joking...

10. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Just FYI, Isuzu and GM have had a partnership for several years now and sold crossbadged vehicles. The '94-2003 S10's were also sold as "Hombres". They also sell a Isuzu version of the Canyon/ Colorado. I believe they're limited to being pretty much stripped down base style trucks.
    [​IMG]

11. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

12. Thanks Novadude55. Question, would you happen to have a real nice windshield frame for one of these 41-46 Chevys? I have a couple of them but rust has taken it's toll on both.
    I bought a complete glass kit and the glass shop was hesitant to work with the frame I sent over, I'll reuse my old crusty frame until a good one comes along.
    What part of California do you live in? South of Sacramento, north of Fresno? I've been thru there, used to live in Sonoma, Lake, and Mendocino Counties. I was down in Pomona last weekend, and changed planes in San Francisco on my way home to Seattle.
    You need any stock parts for your truck? Let me know, perhaps I might have something you could use.
    Gary one crusty one

13. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Hey Gary,
    I have one good windshield frame, all I got, and I need another one too.
    There is one in the classifieds on the hamb, I think the guy is up your way,
    came off a 40 iirc,
    I could use some stock door handles,
    I have lots of front sheet metal for the air deflection, extra fenders, mostly fronts
    and I have four grilles, but only one really good one, 3 or 4 gas tanks, 2 radiators,
    Wont know what I really need till I get further into the project, been slow goin,
    Life gets in the way,,
    Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know,,
    I am in 93610,,

14. Deadelvis2000

Deadelvis2000
    from Austin, TX

Here's mine. I haven't seen it in years. Its in storage in an old chicken coupe in Montana.

Attached Files:

• 46a.jpg
      46a.jpg
      File size:
      98.7 KB
      Views:
    • 46b.jpg
      46b.jpg
      File size:
      92.6 KB
      Views:
  15. Deadelvis2000

Deadelvis2000
    from Austin, TX

one more

Attached Files:

• 46c.jpg
      46c.jpg
      File size:
      380.8 KB
      Views:
  16. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Something different .....

A 1945 Chevrolet Pickup

[​IMG]

17. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

@deadelvis,, Thats a pretty straight truck, even the glass is still good, I'm sure there's a reason why you don't go get it,

@Bulletnose,, Even though it is the same as 41 and 46, you're absolutely right,
    not many 42-45 survivors, according to Brads, only 6200 45 pickups were made!
    that's a rare war truck there..

18. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

update 11/22/2010 ****
    body sitting level now after a little nip and tuck..
    the first pic shows it pretty straight,
    havent checked with a level but looks good.
    If need be can shim a little but I doubt it will be needed.

Attached Files:

19. Does anyone have a picture of the front door hinge area, where the hinge mounts to the cowl and doors ? I'm ready to get rid of my suicde hinges and go back to stock. I've fought with these things for to long, the problem is that I did the switch back in the early 90's. Now needless to say I forgot what the stock looked like and of course I could only find 3 of the 4 hinges. So if anyone has a door hinge and photos let me know please.

edit : So looking at this picture does the hinge fit through a slot behind the jamb ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  20. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Yes, the hinge part that bolts to the body goes in the slots and get screwed into through the jam,, there is another piece bolted to the door,
    the pin goes through both and voila,,

Attached Files:

21. So does the door side go into a slot too, or is it bolted flush to the jam on the door ? I still have the metal plates which are threaded still in the stock location that the hinges bolt to.
    I hope I can sand the paint down and see where these slots were so I can open them back up.

22. sfort

sfort
    from texas

You will get more smiles in these trucks than any other. They make people smile!:):):)

Attached Files:

23. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Yes there is a slot on the door side also.. sorry, I took photos of the rusty one, might be hard to tell, the newer truck, the good one was outside and dark, easier to just take some pics in the shop. I'll get some better pics,

24. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Ok check these out swade41,
    1st pic is a pass side upper on the body,
    2nd pic is a pass side upper on the door, 3rd is a closeup of the upper door,
    4th is a lower pass side on the body, 5th is a another of the upper door,
    hopefully this explains it,, if not, let me know

Attached Files:

25. Thanks Novadude55, time to start sanding.

26. Deadelvis2000

Deadelvis2000
    from Austin, TX

Novadude,

It's a real straight original truck. I picked it up for $500.00 with a seized motor but quickly found a replacement at the boneyard for $100.00. Man I would love to go get it and bring it down...but I just dont have the garage space and it will deteriorate quick down here. So it sits untill......

27. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

Heres mine, a 1941 on a 91 s-10 frame. Shortened up 8in., 5in. channel. Its a task to put these trucks on s-dime frames, lots of fabrication unlike a-d trucks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

heres a couple of frame modification
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  29. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Which s10 frame did you use? Did you shorten the bed?
    Hard to tell from the pics, can you enlarge the pics...?
    Looks like the same frame mods I made,
    Did you put the body all the way down on the frame?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  30. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

I used a short bed standard cab, I built the bed from scratch shortenng it and the running boards seven and three quarters of an inch. I think it looks more in proportion that way. I had to wack 3.5in. out of the outside of th outside of the frame rails and plate it back with 3/16 plate and box the inside back in with 3/16 as well. And the body mounts are pretty much frame level with no rubbers in between them, so about an inch off with the mounts installed. I tried to make the pictures larger but have not navigated photo bucket in a whle and got a little frustrated.:mad: Ill try again, or get the better half to do it for me:D