Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features **1941-1946 Chevy Truck Picture Thread**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arrowood Rod & Kustom, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Yes the blackout side lights are interesting . Probably someone in the military collectors group would be interested in them .
    Yes my pickup is a '40 .
    The front guards ('41 - '46) are much wider than the pickup as well as the larger wheel opening , It would be a time consuming thing to adjust.
    The rear guards are the same '40 - '46 , the '39 rear guards are about 2" wider (due to the narrower deck for that year) and are good for putting wider wheels under .
    Mostly these are very hard to find here and perhaps you might consider f/glass alternative .
    I got some f/glass '46 rear guards from a manufacturer in Blenheim . They are only of very average quality but finished off and on the truck will be ok .
    What part of NZ are you in.

2. surf10

surf10

Ok so bearing in mind I dont have access to a half ton 41-46 truck to measure.

Based on the dimension drawing from the GM heritage site. I've been looking at the measurement across the fenders which reads to me that a light truck is 72 9/16 of an inch compared with 1ton and above at 72 3/8" seems pretty close to me.

I can't find anything that states the dimension of the guard height or wheel opening size. I can image finding rear guards will be tricky, fiberglass ones could be used for a pattern.

I'm down in Invercargill, what part Canterbury are you?

Cheers Craig

3. North Canterbury , I drove to Blenheim to get the rear guards . Seemed easiest at the time . LOL .

surf10 likes this.