Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 1940 Plymouth coupe race car....WOW!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Dodger, Jun 16, 2015.

1. A friend of mine just picked up this 1940 Plymouth business coupe race car. Another friend of mine was the original owner/builder. Lots of history here. Slant six powered with over 300 horsepower. What a fantastic time machine it is.... Picture 17948.jpg

Attached Files:

scotty t, wingnutz, deto and 3 others like this.
  2. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Very cool car and engine combo! Note the rare running board delete option, with stainless trim.

31Dodger likes this.
  3. That is so COOL Thank you for sharing!!! Jim

4. Very cool car , we need more info what kind of times did it run .

5. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great car. I had a Coronet with a slant six as my winter beater. The car rotted out from under so I tried to blow the engine but it just kept running n running. What a great motor

6. I will see if I can come up with that information. The guy who bought it is getting copies of the original time slips and a bunch of other information.

7. I was gonna say I don't remember seeing it around the Medford area [I get home every year or so] but I see the California plates now...
    Congrats! Something different.........

8. It has been stashed away in a garage for over 15 years or more.

9. I had no problems blowing up mopar 6's & 8's My Valiant ate two 6's before it folded in half from rust. (Never bothered changing the oil because it burned better than a quart of oil a week!)

I really had fun beating on the sixes before they let go! Hahaha!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  10. Here is a shot of the original builder with news clippings from races at Irwindale Burl Fennell.jpg when he had a 1940 Plymouth coupe....

11. cometman98006

cometman98006

That was my 1st car back in 1954, had a Dodge truck engine and I milled the and added dual exhaust. It ran pretty good until a guy didn't yield an intersection. Paid $300 for it. Love the car.

12. What a sweet J/G. I like saying that.