Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1940 gas tank

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banditomerc, Nov 30, 2020.

1. banditomerc

banditomerc

My 1940 merc o.g. gas tank is solid with muck inside.where can I get a replacement?thanks

dana barlow likes this.
  2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Tanks, by Yogi

dana barlow likes this.
  4. FWIW, I started with a TANKs unit in my 36 Ford but after some trial and tribulation (was leaking around outlet bung, TANKS fought me on it), ended up with a stainless tank from ROCK VALLEY. I don’t know if there still in business as it has been about 20 years but it was a REAL NICE tank. I didn’t really care for the plastic tank. Mitch

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    Bandit Billy and olscrounger like this.

5. Bandito, just looked and they are still in business. Rock Valley antique auto, they’re in Rockford Illinois. All tanks are hand built to order. I was VERY impressed with their tank. Good luck, Mitch

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just got a Rock Valley tank for the roadster (retro fit coming soon). Beautiful welds and fit perfectly in the space provided.

7. I got a stainless steel tank from Drake for my '40 ford coupe......very easy swap. Don't know if your Merc is the same as a Ford.

8. banditomerc

banditomerc

9. banditomerc

banditomerc

10. If it isn't rust you can boil it out at a radiator shop. Try Gary's Radiator in Fullerton.

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

the only thing I don't like about Tanks 40 gas tank is that it doesn't have drain plug

12. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Tanks sells steel and stainless steel tanks as well as the plastic ones.