Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1940 Ford Standard Tudor

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Bluedot, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Bluedot

Bluedot

City: CLAREMORE

State: Oklahoma (Boomer!)
    Price: $32,000
    If you want an automatic, read no further. Real hotrods have 3 pedals. The usual 350ci Chevy (73 block, 4-bolt mains), mostly stock (2100 mi since rebuild) except for Edelbrock intake and 600cfm Holley, fenderwell (!) headers running to complete exhaust done by previous owner who ran a muffler shop. 10½” clutch and ’66 Nova bell to accommodate mechanical linkage, not hydraulic. Muncie M21 (that’s the close ratio, 2.20 1st gear) with Hurst Comp Plus, early 9” Ford rear (round pumpkin), stock drums, with 3.07 gears, pegleg. Champion radiator. Tilt column, Saginaw power steering, 4” dropped axle with discs and sway bar, split bones. Rear is on parallel leafs, kit by Custom Engineering I think (previous owner installed). Power brakes with Vette master under floor. New Bob Drake grill. Wheels are gennie Americans, 15 x 7 front, 15 x 8 rear. Hankook tires have 2100 miles, 185/65 frt & 235/70 rear. Inside, seats are stock, new upholstery (not leather), carpet (trunk too) and headliner all done last year. Classic instruments, ’40 design. Electric wipers (Speedway), Vintage heat/air/defrost, no radio. Windows are still stock handcrank, they all work, all glass good. All new seals and fuzzies.

The only thing I think this car still needs IMO: If you are going to run the bumpers, the rear and possibly the front could use new chrome. That costs about the same as buying new repops, but I’ve been told those are aluminum. The ones on the car are steel originals, excellent shape except for the chrome.

If you’ve read this far, you must be interested. Please know these two things up front. (1) If the ad’s still up, I still have it. Don’t ask. And (2) I do not negotiate until you see the car in person or have your 3rd party inspector look at it. This car is far from concourse quality, but it is worthy of a thorough inspection so there are no ugly surprises. I want us to both come away feeling like we got a fair deal.

DSC00035.JPG DSC00039.JPG DSC00018.JPG DSC00021.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Bluedot

Bluedot

SOLD on another site, but thanks for the exposure, HAMB.