Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940 ford coupe hood hardware fasteners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coupedupnow, Sep 4, 2013.

1. coupedupnow

coupedupnow
    from mass

is there anything i can use beside the black clips to mount the stainless strips to my 40 hood ? the clips are a pain in the but!! thanks

anyone ??

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Yes. Take some sheet metal and trim to small squares [actually angled corners work best] to fit in the back of the stainless, drill a hole in the center that will allow you to screw a small enough machine screw to fit in hole in hood through. You can slide these into the back of trim to match the location of the holes in the hood, then use nut and washer to retain. Also allows positioning of the trim to match cowl trim. If I can find one I will post picture.

3. cryobug

cryobug

Do yourself a favor and use the black clips. If you use anything that attaches with screws when they are snugged up they will pull your panels in where they are and out where they are not and will make them not look as flat as they are and you will see where each and every one is

4. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Sorry cryobug, I disagree completely. Several guys here have done the same with none of the problems you described. You just don't over do it, they work fine.

5. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Here is how my std hood trim fits, and a picture of the attaching clips I made. Hope this helps and good luck.

Attached Files:

6. coupedupnow

coupedupnow
    from mass

Thanks so much ....I used the clips ans they worked with a little aggravation..thanks