Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940 Ford coupe body to frame dismounting.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clips221, Jan 11, 2014.

1. clips221

clips221

Does anyone have a print showing the bolt locations mounting the body to the frame? Any helps aporeciated.
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Possibly this will help.

Sorry it's so big. HRP

[​IMG]

3. mickeyc

mickeyc

Look up the Bob Drake catalogue. Go to body mount rubber pad kit. It shows rubber mount location which is also the bolt locations. If you have a hard copy catalogue it shows it clearly. However it does not give bolt length per location. The lengths vary but are not hard to figure. It will help you to ensure all bolts are removed before attempting to raise the body. If you are preparing to remove the body bolts it may help to go under the body and wire brush and lube up the caged nuts to ease removal of the fine thread bolts.

4. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

can you find the mistake on that drawing?

go to the rear center line, move your eyes to the left, see 23 13/16 well that's wrong.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Here's a blow up of a BOB DRAKE pic.
    [​IMG]

6. mickeyc

mickeyc

I am curious as to why there is a single pad on the rear cross member on the right side and none on the drivers side? When I removed the rusty rear floor section on my coupe I found this in the original configuration as well as the replacement kit as shown in the drawing you have posted.

7. Jason455

Jason455

I think that pad just sits there. Maybe to hold the floor pan up from rubbing? I can't figure why either.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. clips221

clips221

Thanks for the help guys. that's what I needed.

9. 19Fordy

19Fordy

On my coupe there's a space of at least 1/4 to 3/8 in. between the top of that rubber pad and the floor pan. The same is true on the opposite side where there is no pad. Perhaps other models using this frame had a different floor pan configuration.

10. mickeyc

mickeyc

I thought a vibration may have revealed itself in an earlier model that featured this general body floor system. I can imagine Henry telling his
    engineers "fix it" and bam rubber cushion= done?