Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940 Ford 5.0L/302 Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by e-tek, Sep 27, 2012.

1. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

My next project is here: a solid 1940 Ford that the owner has already installed a 1989 5.0L EFI and tranny. The gas lines are routed, brakes are 90% installed and most parts have been purchased. I'm tasked with making it go, putting it together and fabbing up the details so he can get to the show!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Makes my shop look COOL!

[​IMG]

Just holding up half the grille gives one an idea of how cool these 40's are up front! Kinda too bad that the grille will now go back in the box and be nearly the LAST part to go on!

[​IMG]

Owner already mounted the Vintage Air main box under the dash. Hooking up the pump and air hoses should be a snap! (HaHa!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I mounted the coil to the inner fender and the relay pack will go on the opposite side. The computer will go under the dash - after I cut a hole in the firewall for it to pass through.

[​IMG]

The AC pump normally hangs out to the side on these engines, but the owner doesn't want to have to cut the inner fender. He made a skookum bracket that re-located the pump up high, where there's lots of room under the tall hood. My task is to make it run up there, which shouldn't be too taxing - once I figure out where the brackets and tensioner can co!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  3. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

Ah, the long weekend!!! Updates all weekend on the blog: www.E-tekRestorations.blogspot.com

Including final teardown on my 2 flatheads so they can go to the machine shop next week - yay!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012