Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1939 Pontiac panels

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by JimboSlice423, Oct 22, 2021.

1. JimboSlice423

JimboSlice423
    from Ohio

Hey everyone, it’s been forever since I’ve posted and I plan on posting updates for the 50 Chevy I am building, but I need help with something else.

My dad bought a 1939 Pontiac coupe for him and I to build together. We need body panels for it, and I was under the impression that the panels for a 1939 Chevy would work. Fenders, trunk lid, rockers etc. I know the grills are different and things like that, but is the stamped steel the same?

Also, if anyone knows where to find some (seems to be few and far between) that would help. I’ve seen guys on here with glass front clips and no clue where to find them lol. Thanks again everyone!

2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Small series bodies are similar , bump up if any gas an interchange manual chime in ..

3. 34Phil

34Phil

4. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Model 25 is a Chevy with a Pontiac front end on it. Model 26 ( inline 6) model 28 ( inline 8) look like Chevy but are different.

5. JimboSlice423

JimboSlice423
    from Ohio

Awesome! Thanks everyone!

6. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Call EMS with your Poncho info and they will tell you what they may have in the way of patch panels. (He used to post on the HAMB, but I don't seem to recall seeing him in some time.)
    If they don't have what you need and you're faced with scratch building a panel from scratch, consider starting with a Chevy panel if it's close and use it as a running start and work it to fit.

"1939: PARTS AVAILABLE DEPNDING ON MODEL. SEND US OR CALL THE BODY AND
    STYLE NUMBER FROM THE FIREWALL TAG, WE WILL ADVISE ON APPLICATION"

http://emsautomotive.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=27