Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 zephyr

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Amoros, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Amoros

Amoros

I love me some 1937 zephyr coupes, yet I'm kinda not sure if I totally embrace the elongated back end. Seems to me that maybe shortening it like a 1936 ish fords end would be more proportioned.

My question to ya'll is: do you think its perfect as it sits, or would you change something.

What would you do?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

If it makes you happy and YOUR eye appreciates it, DO IT!
    No two ever agree on every aspect of a car's styling or proportions.

3. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Jeez, that REAR is the best-most part of a Zep. DD

4. Amoros

Amoros

Let me see if I can upload a pic from my phone.

5. i'd leave it alone.....but i will probably never have the $$$ for one , so it's a moot point for me

6. Amoros

Amoros

[​IMG]

This is my microsoft paint brush edited picture of one.

7. kiwiwilly

kiwiwilly

longer back looks better. if you want a shorter one buy a '36 Ford coupe and send me the Zephyr ;):D

8. cheveey57

cheveey57

9. Amoros

Amoros

Only if I can keep the front end. ;)

10. Amoros

Amoros

I don't own one, but my best bet would be to find a 4 door and convert it into a coupe. if I can't find a suitable top I would have to improvise something.

11. JJK

JJK

Good luck sir they are very hard to come by.

12. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Perfect.

As far as looks go they are one of the most perfect cars ever designed. Anyone who thinks he can improve the lines is a fool.

13. Amoros

Amoros

I'm looking at henryj429's zephyr turned woodie, and I wouldnt call him a fool. Even the picture above that I edited, has been modified. It has (i believe) 39 zephyr rear fenders. Look at a stock zephyr and that picture and you will see a difference. Wouldnt call them fools either. I would say they did a pretty good job improving the original design and created a masterpiece.

14. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

my guess for why the rear end of them seems to be such a love-it-or-hate-it, is that the design features have lined up vertically (red), probably could be fixed by overlaying the "lines" with with either a longer roof or a shorter trim piece (green). although a trim piece would probably break the clean flow of the car even more :D
    [​IMG]

15. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I also think theyre some of the most beautiful designs EVER.
    And i too will probably never be able to afford one....

16. Amoros

Amoros

I kinda see what you are saying, I would think a longer roof would make it seem bulky, unless you maybe added a small window on either side to break up the mass. Not sure how that would look like, but it would definitely change the appearance drastically. I may try to"draw" it to see what if. Not sure I understand the shorter trim piece concept.

17. Amoros

Amoros

They are still out there, you just have to look really really hard. one just slipped my fingers last week. Told the guy I was interested. the next day he said it was sold. Week later I ask him about the other parts he had for sale, find out that the definition of sold = crushed. :/ said he was tired of dealing with it. What gets me is that he had it for 50 years....

I looked into it, said too many people wanted to trade or scam him, so he crushed it.... Tears to my eyes.

18. Thats sad AND i like the lines they have. Was it crushed or sold as scrap? Many yards would not do it as they know they can get so much more as a car or parts, may pay to check, and take a tissue just in case its true. JW