Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Some more magazine covers.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Rare car

Attached Files:

3. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Kiwi Kev:

You've got some great stuff in your collection. Thanks for sharing.

4. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

5. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

I think someone on the HAMB said Al Tschida was involved in this car. I guess it's sort of a recreation of his original. Check out the 8-lug full floater rear end.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I believe that's another shot of Ed Cluff's Glass Rat at Bee Line, also seen in posts 69&76.

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh my goodness. Kiwi Kev i know there's still time to save it. Just give me a location and i'll take it from there.:D:D[​IMG]

8. ftroop

ftroop
    from Detroit

I think we (my family) had more fun with that car than any other we have had. The car was finished 10 hours before the 7 hour trip to Gateway. We finished the car up around 5pm, intended on getting some sleep and head out the following morning. We had run the car on jack stands, but when we put it on the ground and tried to drive it out of the shop it would not move. A look under the car found the drive shaft was turning, but the rear was not.To make a long story short, the rear was taken apart to find the axle shaft were too short (used early olds we bought complete). So we pulled the rear out, narrowed it, back in the car and headed for St Louis. In the pictures you can see the results.

We could not be happier that the car ended back in Daves hands.

Steve

9. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Steve-

When Dave Hales bought his car from you he sold me the rear tires and wheels, I still have them, looks like they hooked real well. Post more pictures from your Willys collection. See you this summer somewhere.

Dave.

10. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I'll help!

11. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

More vintage shots

Attached Files:

12. Willys Rule...Al was heavily involved in re-creating his old gasser. So were two of his local friends, Greg Gruber, and Dave Klegin. Greg is an outstanding welder, and did the chasis, and Dave did the body work and painted the car. Al designed it, and did the drive train very similar to his original cars. Yes, Al had more than just one car back in his race days. He had a couple of coupes over the race years of the 37-41 variety, and also a '33 at one time. One went to California, and the other is in the Duluth Minn. Area, dis-assembled. The 33 is still in the twin city area. Al was my local hero when I was racing back in the '60s. He could make a 4-speed sound like an automatic as it shifted, going down the track. People in the pits, myself included, would rush up to the fence when Al's coupe was called from the stageing lanes. Al's current car is from the Winnipeg area, and has been around the Twin City area for about 20 years. The former owner was going to build it, and just never got to it. I bought the chasis w/an MII suspension for my '39 coupe, and gave up a good original frame to put the car on...that's what Al used in the build. Al runs an Auto Parts store in the St Paul area.
    G-willys

13. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dave,
    I can't even imagine finding one sitting like that. Dave Hales always gives me a hard time because i love that nose. He said when he bought his car he couldn't wait to get rid of it. I just like them because their different.
    Wanda

14. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG] We received a e-mail from our friend sammy cooper in Australia. He just picked up this sweet little sedan. Steering wheels on the wrong side but that's minor

15. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's another one[​IMG]

16. Willys Rule...one more note...that is Al's car in Dave McCauley's last post, the green C/G coupe with #445 on it. It looks to be Al behind the wheel being towed on the return road at Minnesota Dragways. Hard to know which of Al's Willys this is, as the coupes he ran were similar. G-willys

17. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Hey, thanks for the info. It's beautiful car. Glad to hear some of these pioneers are still going strong.

18. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Some pics of Bill Linder's CC Rider...now owned by Dave Lamb..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Some more from 1967...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Here's a picture a few years ago at the Willys Home run in Buffalo N.Y.
    It was a real honor and a pleasure to have been a part of restoring this gasser to its true glory.... Dave Lamb was a pleasure to work with...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  21. moparron426

moparron426

here is a picture of CC Rider from around 76-77 when a friend of mine
    had it on the street:cool:

[​IMG]