Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 Ford Panel Hot Rod!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 7ate9, Feb 17, 2013.

1. 7ate9

7ate9
    from Maine

Well, I've stumbled upon a '37 Ford 1/2 ton panel truck. It's in rough shape but I've got a spare 37 cab and doors I can use to make it whole. Here's what I'm thinking.. Replace the cab and bed on my hot rod with the panel truck body. Chop it, Channel it, etc.. etc... Anybody done this before? or seen anything like it? I've only managed to find a few pictures of ugly, cow snot panel truck hot rods on the googles. So what do you guys think, am I nuts?

Just for reference here's my hot rod
    [​IMG]

and here's a hack job MS Paint photoshop I did..
    [​IMG]

2. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

Nuts naw ive the same idea but im going to go ahead
    and fix my pannel up My idea was to weld the cab of my 36 to the
    pannel combining them but i really like my truck :DAnyway it
    would look like the one on the trailer dont know anything about that one
    someone tried to swip the pannels grill they broke it off and took it
    but ill get another

Attached Files:

3. 7ate9

7ate9
    from Maine

There's just something so cool and different about panel trucks if you ask me. I just can't decide whether a fenderless, chopped, suicided, open engine one would look good or not.
    I'd run rear fenders though, maybe just narrow them so they don't stick out so far. Maybe run some old bias ply slicks.

Now here's where my ideas get real crazy, I'd fix up the pickup cab and bed I've got now aaannd the panel truck. Make 'em both fit the same frame, then when I get sick of one body, just pull the body off and put the other on. It'd almost be like having two hotrods in one!
    Come on people, amuse me. Help me convince myself I'm not too insane.