Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1937 Fiat Topolino barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beezer, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Beezer

Beezer
    from Michigan

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I have found a 1937 Fiat Topolino (all original) barn find and was wondering what might be a fair purchase price?

The floor under the seats are rusted out in spots, and will need to be replaced. The engine is out of the car and needs a new piston and a complete rebuild. However, the rest of the car is extremely solid throughout.

This is basically an original, untouched, and un-restored car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Beezer

mgtstumpy, 34 GAZ, catdad49 and 3 others like this.
  2. esrbuilders

esrbuilders

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great find, hope there are some people here that know about them.

Bob

4. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Send me the address for the car; I'll check it out and get back to you with an appraisal!

5. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Poor little mouse needs love:D

6. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Here's a couple of pre-war Topolinos for sale, that may give you some guidance. In my uneducated opinion, I don't think there worth half that. I have seen properly restored cars advertised for as much as $20,000.

Sorry, I don't know how to make these into "links". If you can't get to the second one, just go to classiccars,com and do a search.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/fiat/topolino/2172195.html

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3_OB_izceBmimDz_KMNgXc

7. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Second link I sent was wrong, try:

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1120834/1938-fiat-topolino-for-sale-in-cadillac-michigan-49601

8. Nice find. Is it a hardtop coupe or a convertible ? Coupe is a little harder to find and might be a Simca. Restored they do get high asking prices. Over here unrestored solid projects go between 3000 to 6000 euros. The fanatic restorers would pay the 6000.

9. Beezer

Beezer
    from Michigan

The owner is asking $4000 U.S. for this Topolino.

It’s a convertible and still has the original fold back top on it, plus (to my knowledge) most if not ALL of the original parts for this car.

I will not be purchasing the car because I simply have to many other projects that need to be completed first.

If anyone may be interested, contact me and I can get you in touch with the guy who owns it.

It resides here in mid- Michigan.

Beezer