Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 Ford with Ford F100 steel rims...what hubcaps?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beau, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Beau

Beau

[​IMG]

One of the old timers at the shop has a real nice 1936 Ford. He put juice brakes on it and it now has what look like F100 steelies that use a hubcap that mount outside the bolt circle.

Aside from changing rims, what hub caps are available that will look nice on an otherwise stock looking vehicle?

I'm not sure what rear end he said he had, but I thought it was a late 40's rear end. The axle stuck out about 4-5" from the drum and it looks hubcap with a larger dome would be better.

2. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Any dog dish caps from 40-48 Ford and Merc passenger will fit + some others.

3. not sure which rims he is using. if they have the bumps to the inside , `40-`48 car and up to `56 pickup will fit. i like the `42 the best , few people use them

if the bumps are on the outside , Mercury pie pan caps

4. Beau

Beau

He needs the caps that mount on the outside.

I guess, when I say outside, I mean like the wheel in the bottom of the photo. He wants to run trim rings but needs a hubcap to fit.

The Dog Dish fit inside the bolt circle.

[​IMG]

5. 36threewindow said it....run those early Merc caps that go over - think 49-51??

6. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

If you go with these, make sure to get the aftermarket version. the original size will be too big