Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1936 Ford Sedan - 4 door

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by 34Xracer, Apr 19, 2015.

1. 34Xracer

34Xracer
    from Iowa

City: Boone

State: Iowa
    Price: 14000 obo
    1936 Ford 4 door humpback sedan, clean Iowa title, very complete and in very good overall condition.

Drive as-is, or would be a very good start for a complete restoration. Fenders have been repaired, and are in black primer. The remainder of the body is still in the original paint, with some minor dings and scrapes. Solid floors, frame and suspension. The original grille is in very nice shape and the chrome and stainless is all very presentable. The bumpers were rechromed at some point, but are starting to show their age. Hard to find fender skirts are included. The doors lock, and it has the spare tire lock with key.

Glass: The Windshield, back glass, rear quarter windows, and driver door glass have all been replaced. The remainder original glass is all good.

New weatherstrips on windshield, back glass, rear quarter windows, trunk and doors.

The roof insert appears to be original, and showing its age, but does not leak.

Original mechanical brakes work fine. Vacuum wipers work (sort of), and all stock gages work except the temp gage. Have added an aftermarket gage for that. Lights, horns are all working.

Drivetrain is the original differential and 3 speed transmission. New clutch and pressure plate. The transmission works ok, but needs some attention. It tends to want to pop out of 2nd gear when decelerating.

Motor is a 1947 59AB flathead, has been bored .030 has a ¾ cam, new headers and dual exhaust, and has roughly 1000 miles since the overhaul. Mufflers are short Heartthrob glasspacks, and loud. Carb is a stock Stromberg 94. New Bob Drake modern style water pumps. Original radiator.

Wiring is all new, original style, 6 volt system. New fuel tank and all fuel lines. Stock fuel pump works fine, but also has an inline 6v electric pump as a backup.

The complete original tool kit is still in the trunk compartment, consists of the jack, tire tool and engine crank.

Shocks have been converted to modern tubular style all the way around. Stock 6.00 x 16 Firestone tires, good tread but starting to show some weather checking.

Interior is mostly original, clean, but has some water stains on the seats and door panels. Have started making new panels for the two front doors. New headliner is installed. Old aftermarket heater works great. New front floor mat.

I have too many projects going on, and running out of space. This vehicle deserves to be finished, whether it’s restored original or street rodded. I’m not looking for any trades. If you’re looking to street rod, I would consider negotiating this minus the motor.

Can email pics on request!

Cash Only! Sold as-is, no warranties (it’s nearly 80 years old). I do not need any help selling this, nor am I looking for any new ‘opportunities’, thanks anyway.

2. 34Xracer

34Xracer
    from Iowa

3. 34Xracer

34Xracer
    from Iowa

4. 34Xracer

34Xracer
    from Iowa

5. 34Xracer

34Xracer
    from Iowa