Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 5 window roll down rear window.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Anyone know where I can get a smoked piece of glass for the roll down widow of a 1936 Ford 5 window? The guy that had the car before me fixed the glass in place with a chunk of particle board, a couple pieces of welding rod and then used the fixed window gasket. The weird thing was the car came with the roll down window and in the box of window stuff was 3 regulators. Two for the doors and one for the back. He said he thought it was fixed because it was a trunk car and not a rumble seat car. I have found that you could have the roll down window in either one. This one definately had the roll down window as it even has all the gutter and tray that the window rolls down into.
    So heres the dillema, the fixed glass is radiused on the bottom and the roll down has a flat bottom to fit in the channel that attaches to the regulator. It shows daylight in the bottom corners because of the lower radius and barely fits the channel in the middle as the glass radiuses up. So anyone know where I can get a piece that is made for a rolling back window?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

If the glass you have fits the upper corner radius correctly and the width correctly just take it to you local glass shop and have them cut a new piece with rounded upper edges and a square lower edge. Check the height measurement as you might wish to make it a little taller , correct height of a roll up glass is 11" at the center.

3. I'm sure I have an OEM pattern PM me