Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1935 Dodge pickup, need cab dimensions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad-cad, Jun 22, 2014.

1. mad-cad

mad-cad

I'm looking for the dimensions of a 1935 Dodge pick-up cab, width of the cab without Fenders at its widest point and width at the cowl where it meets the hood, height of the cowl at its center point, height of the cab from the door bottom to the roof line. Would like to see pictures of these pick-ups aswell so lets see em!! Here's one I pulled of the net.

35 Dodge pick-up.jpg

2. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I have talked to a lot of people about the 35 Dodge. My question is do they have suicide doors or not?
    I have seen them with and without, talked to owners that says they do and ones that don't. Did the change them part way through 35? This might make a difference on the measurement's. In your pic it has suicide doors, but this weekend at BTT50's I saw one that was not and the owner swore it was a 35.

3. The early 35 Dodges had suicide doors like the 34s but changed mid year and the late 35s had regular doors like the 36. Here is a pic of my late 35 I have. I will try to get some measurements if I can but its stored away at the moment.

Attached Files:

4. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Thanks for the clear up. I like your 35, how long has it been stored?

5. I can't say for sure. I got it about 2 years ago and stashed it away. Not sure how long before that it was put away.I got it from a hamber in Oklahoma who said it originally came out of Napa Valley Ca.

6. mad-cad

mad-cad

Thanks for the input,any measurements abound!

7. countrytravler

countrytravler

Picture of my 34. Still need measurements?
    1st half year 35 was suicide doors-soft top-push out windshield-small rear window some with 3 hole dash with no glove box.
    2nd half 35 had regular doors-solid top-crank out windshield-bigger back window-3 hole dash with glove box-option for pick up was the 119" (KCL) longer wheel base along with the 111 1/4 (KC). The only year that they did this. Trucks with the 119" are rare. Most were the 111 1/4 wheel base. 08-13-12 332.JPG IMG_0843.JPG IMG_0844.JPG

8. mad-cad

mad-cad

Nice 35 you have there,measurements would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Tim