Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 Chevrolet Parts ... is anyone O/T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddychris, Oct 23, 2003.

1. I have finally convinced my father that I'm not a complete idiot, and he has let me start working on his car. He bought it from his brother in '59 and has had it since. last time it saw the light of day was in about '71 or so. It's been stored in a barn for the last 25 or so years, so it's in pretty good shape. I need to find some things and have had only limited luck so far. If anyone knows of any companies that sell weather strip, running board mats, and roof vinyl pads, please let me know. Oh, some history on the car. Some time in the late 50's my uncle Larry put a Chrysler Hemi in it. The firewall was removed, for the most part, and the engine came into the cab so far that the gas pedal was attached to the valve cover. 2speed tranny fed a Columbia 2speed rear, and I hear the thing was pretty scary.
    The "New" engine ia a '59 vette 283 that was punched out .125!!!! over in the 60's. It was a race boat motor, and the heads were replaced with 327 fuelies. Old Doug Thorley headers and 3 duece set-up through a T350 to a 60 chev 8 1/2 411 pos rear thats 4-linked. body is O.G. and will not be chopped,or channeled, and has all 4 fenders. Can't wait to get this one on the road! Want Pops to drive it before he gets too Old. If any one can help with some info it will be greatly appreciated!

2. Hello?... Someone has got to have something for me. Cummon throw me a bone.

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

what are U asking for? what is O.G.?

4. Crestliner

Crestliner

I have an old catalog from The Filling Station in Lebanon, Or. that has alot of old chevy parts.
    1-800-841-6622 or www.fillingstation.com

5. Plowboy

Plowboy

6. Chevs of the 40's in Washington state and Yogi's in Iowa sell early chevy parts. First thing they'll ask you is whether it's a master or a standard. Masters had suicide doors and standards didn't. They'll also wanna know if it's a 3 window coupe or 5 window coupe.
    Standards used the leftover 34 bodys and masters had a brand new, round body with different fenders, headlights and grilleshell. Both are pretty cool but the masters are more art-deco..

7. rlarew1

rlarew1

I have a cpmplete 35 Standard 4 door body that we will not be using. If you need any parts off it let me know.

Rick Larew
    Missoula, MT

8. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Kanters should have that stuff.

9. Rockit53

Rockit53
    from Berwyn, IL
    1. 37-38 Chevys

You might want to try asking over on chevytalk.com too. There is alot of good info and people on there.

10. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

So what model 35 Chevy do you have? Coupe, Sedan, Master, Standard, Pick -up??

11. Gotta love when some FNG brings up a 5 year old thread with his first post.

12. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

What even adds to this is that the person that started the thread hasn't logged onto the HAMB since 08-29-2007 at 10:14 PM.