Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 Ford Tudor in Germany

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by shorrock, Nov 2, 2020.

1. shorrock

shorrock

Hello
    Let me introduce myself - my name is Harty, I work for more than 25 years on brit bikes, mainly Norton and Vincent, was piloting Max Lambky´s streamliner motorcycle for many years on the salt flats in Utah and finally managed to scoup up a 1934 Ford - a car I always wanted as I realy love those designs of the early 30s.
    I have recently bought a 1934 Tudor which had a hard first life in Argentina, got imported a couple years ago to Germany and finally ended up in my hands. The original engine is very worn out, transmission lost a couple teeth on the input shaft and a lot of other problems came with the car for free. I managed to get it running okay but realized that it will need a lot of work to make it reliable and get rid of all the problems. So the decision was made to get a bit more life into the car: a french flatty is in my workshop already, a S10 rear axle will replace the worn out axle on the car, the front will be lowered by the recently accquired 4" dropped axle and the transmission is to be replaced by a T5 from 1994, tag is 1352 -245. Unfortunately I need a couple parts for the tranny as some idiot cleaned it out with some aggressive cleaner - as a result the main tapered bearings are rusted. The output shaft needs to be replaced due to rust pockets and the needle bearings of the three gears on mainshaft as well. Where should I look for parts or does anybody have some spares for me?
    I really enjoy this forum as there is so much knowledge and very cleverv people around.
    Thanks, Harty

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Welcome from Utah. Hats off to you guys that build overseas.......real dedication!