Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford Sedan interior

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Anthony Abell, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Anthony Abell

Anthony Abell

My 1934 Ford Tudor is in paint this week and next which means I have about a month to decide on an interior set-up. I currently have front seats from a F-150 so they will pivot forward to get in the back. However, I think they are too tall and need cut down. I am considering a bench seat for the front instead as it will be about the same money to have the F-150 seat prepared for upholstery as buying a frame with foam. So I have two questions.
    1. Does anyone have an opinion on a full or a split front bench seat? I'm leaning toward a full just because it looks clean, but I might be missing something.
    2. Has anyone used Wiseguys-seats out of Elkart Indiana? What was your experience with them?
    Thanks

2. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

It's not one of the options you gave, but I say bucket seats. A bench in a Tudor is going to be a pain getting into the rear.
    Get some buckets out of a mid 60's car like a Mustang. There's lots of aftermarket parts for them like foam and tracks.

3. Anthony Abell

Anthony Abell

Thanks, that would solve the height issue as they would be about the same as a bench.

4. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Send hotrodprimer a PM and ask him, he used a bench seat in his 1932 sedan, It leans forward to get in the back seat, I think ot looks good.

5. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

A seat from any tudor style cars would be the best.... They are made to let folks in the rear seat...I have the original buckets in mine and they hinge so passengers can get to the rear seat...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  6. Anthony Abell

Anthony Abell

Thanks @3W JOHN I will send him a PM. @hemihotrod66 I have the original front seats, I just wanted something a little different I guess. Still trying to figure it out which is why I have not listed them for sale just yet.

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

IMO nothing beats the original seats done in the original pattern if you have them. I used the stock seats in my 32 delivery done in the original pattern and after the upholster got them finished they were as comfortable as any late model or aftermarket seat. Plus they look right.

8. Anthony Abell

Anthony Abell

@krylon32 That is still in play. I haven't sold them yet. Thanks for the opinion.

Just Gary likes this.
  9. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We have a split back seat from a middle row import. Very comfortable , the backs are nice a period look square. But it does not really lean forward enough to get easy access to the rear. Something to bear in mind.

10. Anthony Abell

Anthony Abell

@Kiwi 4d Thank you, that is one thing that I was concerned about.

11. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Don't know if you got with hrp but this is his front bench his seat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Weather you have buckets or a bench. as long as the seat slides forward, you will have the same trouble getting in the back seat. As long as the back rest will flip forward.