Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford Sedan Gender Reassignment Surgery

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by flatnasty, Jan 14, 2014.

1. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Nevermind! Just saw where you already got it under control. Looks killer!

2. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Donut29
    Thanks for selling that rear clip to Steve!lol I hope I do it justice for you guys.

Your Build is EFEN Sick man you do great work I've been watching it from the get go and can't wait to see your progress. Watching builds like yours inspires people to try and improve their skills each minute they're out in the shop.

3. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Hey you're just about there with this build!!!

Make it a sports coupe :D

Attached Files:

4. budd

budd

i was talking about the 3/4" taller door post, i'm quite interested in seeing how you deal with that, if you lay the windshield back or cut across the top of the windshield to bring the roof down, your build is looking great, dam i wish i had a set of doors.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'd say we kinda screwed up in 2012 when my broke ass prevented us from jumping on that pair...

6. fordcpe

fordcpe

7. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Haven't had alot of time to get out to the shop in the last few days But I was able to get a bit done. I'm hoping to get a bit more done tonight.

I was able to get the lower portion of the 5th window opening in. This is where that template I made is really comming in handy. Then I joined the belt line that flows under the 5th window up around to the above the decklid pannel. All I did for that was cut a piece belt line from the 4dr and cut into it every half inch on both sides so I could bend it into whatever shape I needed.

Brad

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and Pufff like this.
  8. 392modela

392modela

Waiting for your next update

posted with a box of crayons on the outhouse wall

9. I'd like to see that with a mild chop!!!!

10. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Love this stuff. Has anyone done this with a 32? It always seems to be 33/34 sedans.

11. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Thanks man!!

I dig your build to... I'm glad that rear clip is getting put to good use look forward to see progress

12. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

This is great! This is my old 4door sedan that I was working on! I love the new lease on life! Hence the HAMB name! Subscribed!!!

13. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

I got a bit more work in the last couple of days. Doesn't look like much but I was able to get some more of that belt line on the driver side pieced together. Also I was able to get the lower 5th window portion put in the passenger side as well. This weekend I'm hoping to get the roof mocked on it.

Brad

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and Pufff like this.
  14. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

15. Squablow

Squablow

Looks great. Looks like that little surviving chunk of the coupe rear window is really coming in handy to make everything line up like stock, surprised it was cut that way.

16. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Brad - you are making great progress! I had my doubts when I saw the pics of that rear section, but you are doing all the right things to pull this coupe body together. Go to it man!

17. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Got A solid day in on Sunday, I was able to button up a few things and get the roof mocked on to see what I was dealing with. It KINDA resembles a coupe but basically looks like complete shit with the rear part of the roof set on.

To get this thing write I'm going to cut out the window frames just above the drip rails.Once those are in and looking good I'll start skinning the rear part of the roof. I figure I'm going to have to take quite a bit of material out of the rear of the roof to get it per-portioned write . It looks like this thing has a serious case of fat chick booty write now.:D Bitch needs a diet! lol

Brad

Attached Files:

Pufff and turboroadster like this.
  18. Damn ! You sure are headed in the right direction.

More like "big hair" with it all wrapped around and bunched up smack dab in the middle.
    Is she getting a hair cut eventually?

Looks like the B pillar is too tall?

19. Some slicing and dicing will cure the big head.

20. olskool34

olskool34

Hell yeah! Really enjoy watching this thing coming together. I might just have to find me a fordor body because I will never be able to actually buy a coupe. You give me hope! Nice work man.

21. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Thanks Fella's
    Ya the B pillars are too tall. I'll take care of them when I chop the top :) I figured I would put it together like this to start, To get the per-portions write. Once that is done I'll change the wheel wells and finish the quarters then I'll chop the top.

Brad

22. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

Awesome thread, guys like you inspire me.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Uptown83

Uptown83

I don't know if you already said but are you using fordor doors? And if so did you cut them down to be the right height as a five window door?

24. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Brad,
    Just now seen this thread, It is looking great!...Soon your puzzle will be complete...LOL..I am doing the same thing with an unwanted 4 door body I bought last year. I am still hoping some guys on here will come off of some of their stash and sell me some of the pieces I need to do mine. I have had a wanted ad posted for quite sometime now with very little luck. But it looks like you hit the jackpot with the rear clip and deck lid you are using. If you run across anything extra or hear of anything that will help me find the parts I need, please keep me in mind. And if I can be of any help to you let me know.

25. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Stunning. I wish I had some of the projects I turned down because I thought they were too challenging. You sure have shed new light on preserving old tin.

26. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Brad,
    I done this mild chop in windows paint,

Attached Files:

Robert Crosse likes this.
  27. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

thats a great piece of information to know. thanks andy

28. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Thanks! cowtownspeedshop

That is starting to look a little better. I'm looking forward to getting it to the stage where I can get going on the chop. I ran out of Argon for my welder on sunday and havent been able to get out of work early to get it filled. I hope I can get back on it tonight. If I do I'll keep you guys posted.

Brad

29. Squablow

Squablow

Looking better every update! I think it's very wise to put the roof all together at full height the way you're doing it before any chopping gets done. Trying to do both at the same time or trying to pre-correct the B pillar height would probably complicate things.