Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford Sedan Gender Reassignment Surgery

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by flatnasty, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thank you. The '33 was a customer's. I am looking forward to seeing what you create. Keep up the good work.

David

2. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

The floor, cowl and doors look real solid - a good basis from which to build a coupe.

3. 343WINDOW

343WINDOW

Being a Vancouver guy you probably know this already...but just in case. Luke from Luke's Custom Machine & Design in North Vancouver did this conversion on his 554 coupe tribute car. Check out his web site and click on the 554 video...I've known Luke for years, he's a great guy and would answer any questions you may have...also you can drop in and check out Canada Customs and Hot Rods...just a few shops down on the same street!

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I've checked out Luke's coupe - he has done a fantastic job of converting a fordor sedan into a 5 window coupe. He also has another impressive 5 window with a blown 392 hemi.

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  5. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Thanks 342window

Im way ahead of you on that on that one I studied lukes car with a fine tooth comb and had a brief chat with him about it at the coastal swap meet last year.
    Thanks for the heads up though.

Ya the cowl is rock solid with no major issues. the doors have had bottoms put on them sowhere along the way. Not the way I would have done them but not worth redoing. The floor is mint But it wasn't part of the deal and doesn't come with car I have to drill it out and return it. Which means Ill be making one.

Brad

6. Thompson Speed Shop

Thompson Speed Shop

You Know Brad? If you moved down here and took a job with the City of Portland you could get that gender reassignment for free! The tax payer covers the bill!
    Good luck with the project; I always knew you Canadians were nuts! I will get your passes for the Portland Swap this year? Looks like you might be needing to go?

7. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Mike,, If I could move down their and work for the city of Portland I would in a second! Portland swap meet this year is definitely happening I have a list of shit to get for this old girl and write now I'm thinking that list should include a 34 5w body. lol Will be in touch fella stay out of trouble.

Were at the point of no return now! lol

Once I got the rear clip off now is the time to clean up and patch all the small issues with subrails. I plan on building this car as a traditional Hi boy so the subrailds will re mane unmodified.

Brad

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  8. mike bowling

mike bowling

Saw someone mentioned "Blindowl's" coupe- just happened to have a not so good picture of it ( bad camera angle but you get the idea)Hope he doesn't mind me showing off his handiwork; I think it looks killer just the way it is! :rolleyes: Mike from Mass.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  9. mauler rich

mauler rich

Nice cant wait to see more pic's of the 34 I got one too im tryin to do the same thing but the body is in ruff shape good luck I know its gonna look awesome

10. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

How come all the 4 doors are solid?? Keepin an eye on this one, looks good so far!!

11. So if the floor isn't included , what are you planning on fixing with the sub rails ?

12. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Hey Steve

The sub rails were included with the car but the floor wasn't. The subrails are solid they just need grinding clean and couple small patches where there is some soft spots Nothing major.

13. zephyr speed

zephyr speed
    from reno nv

Here's a pic of one of the reno peckerhead 33's that started out a 4 door. Troy did it right with the surgury done by Earle Cooke in Fallbrock CA. He used Steve's quarters and deck lid and you would never know when it was done. It is a fair amount of work but worth the journey.

Attached Files:

ls1yj likes this.
  14. Fuck, you gotta remove the subrails off the floor too ? :eek:
    550 for brand new set.

15. ff1930

ff1930
    from lapeer

I like what you are doing.
    Keep up the good work.
    Maybee inspiration on another 4 door sedan.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Here's the secret weapon. I was able to come up with some of the rear clip off a coupe from a fellow hamber 31Vickeywithahemi. Steve is a great guy and realy came through for me. The decklid came from anouther hamber as well. Thanks again fellas.

I spent a couple days blasting the whole inside of it to get it clean. What a Fucken mess! every time I blast somthing at home I say it will be the last time and somehow I still end up doing it again. I set it on the back of the car when I was done. There was a couple of factory brackets still in tackt that happened to line up with the orig holes in the floor which positioned it perfectly, luckily. Next up I will be modifying the door posts to accept the rest of the quarters.

Stay tuned

Brad

Attached Files:

Nailhead A-V8 and Pufff like this.
  17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That should help progress move right along.

18. Squablow

Squablow

The coupe back section is the key. Looking forward to more.

19. Yeah, and here , Some guys call me names that aren't so nice at least once a week :)
    I've been waiting for this !!!
    Go man go

20. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Where's the front half of the donar car?:D

21. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Love at first site,when I saw this 5w with indy roadster wheels.:D:D

22. Looking great...The back half of the coup is the key to this build moving right along..
    Great score.....

23. Roadsir

Roadsir

Neat project, great to see another coupe coming back to life. The thread title may bring some interesting new members to the site:D

24. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Here's a couple pics of what I'm up against. Now that the rear clip is set in place I can start making some mesurements and a plan of attack. First thing I'm going to do tonight Is make a template of the 5th window opening from a friends car. Then I'm going to make a template of the roof line. Seems easy enough. That way all the major proportions will be in order. Then I'll get going on the door posts.

Brad

Attached Files:

Nailhead A-V8 and Pufff like this.
  25. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

Brad, I love builds like this.
    Thanks for taking the time to post, you know every one here is jelious of you, smile...
    Well, at least I am...
    Im subscribed..

26. fordcpe

fordcpe

And it is a correct 5 window back half not a 3 window.If you need any meassurements just pm me and I will post them.Just need the middle now.Darrell

27. budd

budd

what i have been thinking of doing on mine is to tilt the A piller back so the door post is lowered by 3/4", then chop it a couple inches, that should have the roof looking pretty good.

28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Gettin' after it! Looks great so far!

29. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Thanks for the offer Darrell !

So I went out to a friends place and made a template of the stock coupe quarter window. Also while I was there I took a piece of 1/4" round rod and bent it in the same shape as the curve of the rear of the roof. I think that will help get the contour of the rear roof wright when I get their.

Now I can get to work on the door posts

Brad

Attached Files: