Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford 5W Build ~The Apple City Coupe~

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Wike, Sep 1, 2012.

1. i know cory will get it straightened out. it just takes some careful planning and measuring, and we all know it takes time to do it right.

2. I started an appreciation Facebook page for 33-34 Fords. If you dig Model 40's please check it out and post pictures. Link below

3. Ahhh yes. I remember building floors for my 34. My buddy [and body man] said he'd rather build all new stuff rather than modify my almost cherry original floor so I sold the OG floor off and we built new.
    Love the recessed rear footwells in your floor...gives you a little more room inside but may make it a little tougher to find exhaust room.....great hidy holes for you.

Attached Files:

4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

J. Wike - some very nice work on that floor - that's as good as I've ever seen.

5. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cory, why don't you jump in here and show us a little love! Outstanding work, brother!

6. realkustom51

realkustom51

7. A lot of work behind you, very rewarding!

8. Are the floor sections from McPherson as well? Did they come flat and you modified it for the footwell, or is that MacPherson's design as a u-weld-it package?

9. Floor sections are from Paul Bradley's and are just like original-OEM style, they are NOT flat pans.Paul makes his pans so that when they are installed properly you cant tell the difference between Ford pans and his. It takes 5 pans + a driveshaft tunnel to make a floor.He use to offer a complete floor, but we purchased ours one at a time-whenever he would complete a run. We live within an hr from his shop so we would pick one up at a time when he completed each one.Paul runs a number of pans before switching dies. He offers a floor with no battery hole,nor differential hole or sending unit hole in the rear if you didnt need them-which are cheaper. Flat floors do benefit exhaust systems,etc. But we wanted a stock looking body(floors,firewall,frame,etc.) with the exception of a 3" chop. McPhersons website looks like he offers a numerous variety of floor pans which look great,we chose to only use his subrails since we had the floors first.

Note:Their websites-phone numbers are at the start of this thread.

10. Good looking floors!

11. realkustom51

realkustom51

High tech tool used to make the humps. It stays against a table edge while beating the sheetmetal over it. Labeled Ford so it doesnt get thrown away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Body sitting on the frame again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Retro61

Retro61

Nice progress! I just picked up a Floorpan for my 5-window from Don Smart, with a 2" Channel. Awesome piece! His work is unreal! Pete I saw photos of your Car on his Garage Door-haha!
    If you need anything else for your build, try Don, you will be impressed!!

13. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:cool:The legend continues ,very nice:), thanks for sharing,Bill aka Tnomoldw:D

14. I've heard only good things about Dons panels, ill be sure to check him out on a future project. I've gotten everything for this one tho.Thanks for the compliments.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. realkustom51

realkustom51

Bottom view of now one piece floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Parts Delivery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. You make this all look way too easy. :D Great job!

17. realkustom51

realkustom51

18. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. customcory

customcory

Thanks BrerHair!, and thanks for all the compliments so far, I really appreciate it. Thanks to Andy for taking pics, becauce I would never get that part done. I hope I can get this thing done in a timely matter so ya'll guys won't get bored with it. This is how I do it! :D

20. realkustom51

realkustom51

21. Thanks for the detailed pics of the posts to mount to the subrails! Will be keeping an eye on the rest as i have been scratching my head on how to replace what's left of mine. Cheers:D

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

How am I just finding this thread right now? This is awesome and only a stone's throw away!!! I need to make a trip up and see the work in person. So awesome!!!!!

Excited to see this as it progresses.

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Just looking over the thread once again and I realized you have a Paul Bradley Floor . That's one thing I wish was different about my '33. It's got a flat Bitchin Floor and even thought it looks ok, I wish it was an original style.

Great work again.

24. customcory

customcory

you need to come up here some time Jeffery, you also need to go see all the old Ford stuff Jared and the Wike boys hoards up in Taylorsville, lol.

25. realkustom51

realkustom51

Kept wondering why this body was so dam heavy.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Who's cowl feet are those??

27. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Great job so far and glad to see it being saved...

28. realkustom51

realkustom51

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  29. realkustom51

realkustom51

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moving to the drivers side.

[​IMG]

30. Dontcha just love it when a cool old hot rod ends up in the right hands? Looks great so far.