Register now to get rid of these ads!

1933 Ford Truck Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigjake, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Bigjake

Bigjake

After working all summer hauling tons of junk off an friend of my Dad's land I was rewarded for my effort. 1933 1 1/2 Ton pickup complete with frame, what I believe to be a model a frame, about 9 flatheads, and few other misc items. I got the cab off the 1 1/2 ton grain truck and although it looks pretty rough its not too bad. Question is I mocked it up on the a frame and it just looks terrible to me. Can the A frame be made to work? The 1 1/2 ton original frame I also have, in great shape, and it has a really good look from the cab forward and looks to be heavy duty. Can this be modified for hot rod use? I'm not gonna build a rat rod, I plan on a flathead and a t-5 and I want everything to be traditional and look right.

Attached Files:

2. Bigjake

Bigjake

Another pic

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      506.5 KB
      Views:
  3. Ghost28

Ghost28

I think I would try to use the original frame even though it night be a little heavier. the back half can be made to work with suspension parts I believe easier than the model a frame can. Especially for a truck.

4. what is your plans as far as the rest of the build goes. the 33 will fit on a 32 frame but engine space is alittle more limited due to the firewall. a 33 frame can be bought new complete or just the rails if you entend to go with fenders and everything. if your less picky then a full custom isnt uncommon for these trucks. like this truck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jimmy shines i belive has a heavily modifed 34 frame under it.
    [​IMG]

5. 23dragster

23dragster
    from U.S.

Sweet! I'd go for the original frame I think.

6. jkherd

jkherd

Looks like a fun project with lots of potential. Good luck with it

7. Nice truck! IMO Model A frames have the potential to look good with these cabs. I had planned to use an A frame on my '34 too. None are mine but some pics for ideas.

Attached Files:

8. fleetside66

fleetside66

Here's my '33 with an altered (Z'ed) Model A (stock 103 1/2" wheelbase) frame. A lot of the look depends on whether you're going to chop it and/or channel it, so take a little time in developing a plan that you'll ultimately be happy with. You could start restoring the cab & while you're doing that you can sleep on your ideas. One thing (and I don't know your particular situation).... be sure that it can ultimately become legal to register & drive before you pour your life into it. Good luck & keep us posted!

[​IMG]