Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1933 33 34 FORD, 392 HEMI - SOMEDAY CAR BUILD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 392HEMI4SPEED, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

2. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Picked up the rod yesterday and took some time and mileage and backed her into the driveway I brought her home from 8-9 years ago.

The previous owner was so happy! Unfortunately, his wife died last year so she did not have the opportunity to see it again.

The previous owner was so impressed and so happy with the work I and others have done to date. His first words were "I definitely sold this to the right guy"

All he could say is this is above and beyond what I dreamed for my build.

Was truly a great day to reach back out to him under the nicest day of the year weather-wise.

Multiple tears were shed for multiple reasons. It's not done yet, but getting closer.

It's been a slow journey, but thanks to those that have followed.

Tim and elgringo71 like this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Nice job, I know how these projects can drag out.
    I have always liked those American LeMans wheels, not often seen on modern street builds, especially front and rear, really has a distinctive look.

elgringo71 likes this.
  4. elgringo71

elgringo71

Could we see some pictures of the car now and maybe some video? I also like the American Racing LeMans Wheels. You don't see them very often and usually just on the front. The car looks great and nice choices on the parts used and the vision for it.

5. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

IMG_2600.JPG That is the way the car is now....it's not done yet! LOL.

I brought it down to show the previous owner since it had been so many years since it left his place...knowing him and his wife were growing older...unfortunately I was about 8 months to late for his wife to see it.

She was a cool cat so I'm glad she was a part of my life. I miss her and will always remember her.

I'm sure that's part of the reason the previous owner was shedding some tears...because she was not there to see it and enjoy how far it has come with him.

When I backed it into his driveway on the trailer...near the open screen window he was sitting by....all he could say was Oh my, Oh my...wow....I'll be right out...

He said you drove all the way here to show me this? It's a 2 hour drive there and back. He was so thankful.

He made me delete all the pictures off his camera...since he did not know how to do it, just so he could take multiple photos of it.

I wanted to run the LeMans rims (from the first time I saw them) since they have historical significance (old school) not common at all and are similar to the mags that were on the car when I first found it, saw it and later bought it.

It took me over two years to complete the set...the fronts came all the way from Hawaii. It was not cheap to put the set together but I'm glad now that I did. They have been recently media blasted and will darken up with time. Once dark, I'll keep them treated with something like Gibbs oil or something (at least that is what others have recommended)

Plans for the winter are to get multiple things chromed or nickel plated, get my seat made, do something tricky with the floor board area, get all my glass cut and get all my wood stained and varnished. It's late and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other misc. things too.

Engine bud is still slowly building the motor....then will work on going over the transmission.

I'll post additional photos as I continue to slowly move along.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Squablow, Finn Jensen, Tim and 4 others like this.
  6. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

7. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Ha...someday I will meet you!

Time for bed... :)

Max Gearhead and loudbang like this.
  8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Looking great. Hurry! Get it running so we can see pics of you taking the previous owner for a spin. Have to get this done while he's still with us!

loudbang likes this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man what a cool car! You and Rocky need to meet in Omaha with the cars together and cruise down to the hamb drags for a grudge match!

10. Squablow

Squablow

It's getting there! Not sure if you mentioned it earlier in the thread but where did you get your radiator? I'm going to need one for my '34 so I would like to know where you got yours and what you think of it.

loudbang likes this.
  11. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

I like it. Can't remember where it came from. I'll ask another guy that helped me with it years ago...he might remember. Was not cheap.

loudbang likes this.
  12. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Hell I'm gonna let him drive it if I can....!

loudbang likes this.
  13. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Never know...since I know I want to put some serious miles on it when done.

loudbang and Tim like this.
  14. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

IMG_8196.JPG Still moving along. Posting a few progress photos before I misplace them.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

16. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

17. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

Purdy.

Them last two black as well, or dark green? Hard to tell from here.

loudbang likes this.
  18. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

The axles are dark green (the car color). Other stuff black.

CoolHand, James D and loudbang like this.