Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 plymouth pb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bschwoeble, Oct 5, 2013.

1. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Hey. I could use some help here. I just bought a 1932 Plymouth pb coupe . It has a mustang 2 front end. I want to reposition the front end assembly. The problem is someone cut out the stock front crossmember. I would like to know what the measurement is between the frame rails where the stock crossmember should be? That way when I cut out the Mustang 2 I can make sure that measurement between frame rails is correct. Thanks.

2. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Why not just tack a couple temporary braces across the frame to hold it in position while you do your cutting and refitting??

3. earlymopar

earlymopar

"Why not just tack a couple temporary braces across the frame to hold it in position while you do your cutting and refitting??"

It sounds like he is questioning the width he has and just wants to be sure when he does the job so that he knows its correct. -EM

4. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Thanks early mopar. I guess I wasn't very clear. I will put braces across the frame after I'm sure of how wide the frame should be at the front crossmember under the radiator. Thanks again.

5. fender lizard

fender lizard
    from mcallen tx

I have a 1930 3 wimdow dodge. Idk if the measurements are the same.

6. F&J

F&J

I would not go by that 1930 measurement, as pre 32 mopars frames are very different, and 33-up is very different than 32's.

I'd try to find a 32 Ply PB (32 PA is a leftover 31 with old frame), or a 32 DeSoto.

7. ...got a 32 DeSoto, I'll measure it up for ya tomoro...

8. ok,...the front edge of the crossmember is 16" back from the front edge of the framehorns, at that point the inside edge of each framerail are 24 & 1/4 inches apart.
    the front inside edges of each framerail are 24 " apart.
    hope this helps.

9. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Thanks rusty1. I appreciate you taking the time to check it out. I'll go out and see what I have.
    Bill