Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1932 Ford Spare Tire Band???

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by davesvintage, Sep 24, 2013.

1. davesvintage

davesvintage

I was at my friend's place today and while in the garage I spotted this almost mint tire band and when I asked him what it fit, he said a deuce. Is it?? I could possibly buy it but don't want to insult him. He has other 1932,33 & 34 parts so I have an interest. My knowledge is limited so I am relying on the expertise of some HAMB members. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

"32s didn't have spare tire bands. Maybe '35-'36?

3. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

What you pictured is not a 32 tire band but a 34-36.32's had 4 different style tire bands and that is not one of them.

4. Those make good motorcycle fenders. I have gotten them for $100 or less.

5. The 1932 Fords didn't have spare tire covers from the factory although theY were a add on dealer option offered at a additional cost.

According to my reference books there were 4 different styles offered in 1932.

1-Steel cover with black painted face and a plain chrome plated tread cover

2-A black painted steel cover with stainless steel molding on the face and the tread cover

3-A one piece black diamond pattern leather style cover with stainless steel molding on the inner & outer edge of the face,,,it also had the Ford blue & white logo on the side.

4-The final one is black painted steel cover with stainless steel moldings very similar to the 2nd one except the stainless molding is a much smaller and located on the inner edge.

From what I can see the one in the photo doesn't seem to match up to any of the descriptions.HRP

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  6. Here's some pics of stock '32 Ford's with the "accessory" spare tire cover:

'32 Roadster with (fender well) spare tire cover.jpg '32 Deluxe Roadster with (fender well) spare tire cover.jpg '32 Cabriolet with (fender well) spare tire cover.jpg
    '32 Phaeton with (fender well) spare tire cover.jpg '32 Deluxe Coupe with (rear mount) spare tire cover.jpg '32 Cabriolet with (rear mount) spare tire cover.jpg
    click thumbnails to enlarge

7. davesvintage

davesvintage

Yes, I have seen some of these pictures in my research and was told by one person that since this cover doesn't have a finger pull, that I should do a little more research. I found some photos with factory covers or so they say. The person who owns this took it from a one owner 32 and replaced the fender with a plain one. He has other things that I would like to purchase as a lot so I am taking my time. As they say. never say never. He has a 34 band that looks similar but has a finger pull. Thanks everyone for your help, but I will dig a little deeper as my knowledge is somewhat limited on 32 stuff.

Attached Files: