Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1932 Ford Hot Rods at Pebble Beach 2022

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Nov 20, 2021.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just checked the Pebble Beach website to see what the 2022 Featured Cars will be. There will be a Historic 1932 Ford Hot Rod class at the August classic. Should be interesting, the rules keep the cars on display fresh, once on display they can't come back until 10 years have passed. Most of the great '32's that come to mind have been on the lawn in past events, and I don't know the criteria for picking the cars. Sure miss 3Window Larry, hope his Coupe is good enough to be picked. Bob

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It might come down partially to how old the original build of a car as a hot rod is. That car while iconic isn't all that old of a build in hot rod years. The fact that it's keeper is well known at Pebble Beach sure doesn't hurt though.

3. Looking forward to the coverage.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks, I forgot all about the age of the build. With so many great 1932's that have been on the lawn that Coupe was the first that came to my mind. It was on the the Thursday Tour a few years back, that may have effected my thinking. I really don't know how they keep coming up with 200 or so cars that haven't been there in 10 years. Bob

41 GMC K-18 and loudbang like this.

5. Bob @The37Kid -

I plan on attending the (Thursday, August 18th) Pebble Beach Classic Car Forum entitled "Deuces Wild-The 1932 Ford Celebrates its 90th Anniversary":

The ’32 Ford is the hot rod everyone wants.

The Deuce, as it’s popularly known, was in production for only about six months, but it pioneered the first V-8 engine in the low-price field. Hot rodders wasted no time modifying those flathead engines and chassis for more power, great looks, and much more speed. Over the years, some of the most famous hot rods have been ’32 Fords -- and on Sunday, we’ll have a dozen great Deuces on the Concours field.

Learn more about the ’32 Ford's fascinating history from a panel of experts including noted hot rod builder Roy Brizio; award-winning collector @Deuce Bruce Meyer, (he owns nine ’32 Fords!) and @Jive-Bomber Jay Ward, co-founder of Billetproof and Creative Director at Pixar for the “Cars!” franchise. The panel will be moderated by @Chopperken Gross, author of “Hot Rod Milestones, “Art of the Hot Rod,” “Deuce!”, and countless articles on hot rods — and whose ’32 Ford roadster will be on the lawn this weekend.

I also plan on attending the (Sunday, August 21st) 2022 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance ... and will try to provide some "live" coverage here on the H.A.M.B.

NOTE: I can also confirm that he Lee Titus Deuce Roadster is one of the twelve 1932 Ford Historic Hot Rods to be displayed on the lawn.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  6. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Way cool, that will be cool to follow along on.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. The37Kid

The37Kid

HEMI32, Thank you for the update, I can't get out there this year, look forward to HAMB photo coverage. Have a great time! Bob

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sunday is the true Pebble Beach Concourse but there are events all week long before it. The Thursday Tour to Big Sur and back is free to view by everyone. They used to shut down Ocean Avenue in Carmel for the lunch break. Best Free Car Show on Earth! NOT SO this year, they claim it is a Covid deal. Sure was fun while it lasted. Bob
    DSCF4173.JPG DSCF4120.JPG

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    40two and elgringo71 like this.
  9. Bob -

I too always enjoy attending the "CARMEL-BY-THE-SEA CONCOURS ON THE AVENUE" ... and will certainly miss it this year.

Although COVID restrictions were mentioned as a cause of the cancellation, I think the real reason for the postponement of the event until August 15th 2023 is due to the passing of Doug Freedman (the founder of the community charity event).

In the meantime, checkout my Don Orosco's Latest Deuce Roadster thread which was inspired by attending the 2017 "Concours On The Avenue" event.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  10. The37Kid

The37Kid

That event, "Carmel by the Sea Concours on the Avenue" is one I never got to see, the one we did see four times was the one that had all the Sunday Concourse cars that went on the Thursday Tour park in four lanes on the Avenue for the lunch break. So much to see that week you can't cover it all.

Bob

HEMI32 likes this.
  11. Bob -

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, I will not be able to attend any of the "2022 Monterey Car Week" events ... including the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance on Sunday :(

That stated, I do have several friends attending the PBCd'E on Sunday and I suspect they will most likely be sharing "live coverage" of the 1932 Ford Historic Hot Rods class on their Instagram feeds ... so I'll try to repost them here on the H.A.M.B. ...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    pprather likes this.
  12. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Darn! I always look forward to your coverage of any event. Thanks for all you do.