Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 ford coupe fuel tank vent routing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marfen, Dec 7, 2018.

1. marfen

marfen
    from sask

Looking for solutions to route the vent on a 32 tank from the sender. There's a vent tube there with a rollover valve. In the past I've run a loop up through the floor into the trunk and back out to a fuel filter...PITA! and I don't like the steel line in the trunk. Just a regular SOCAL locking cap so I'm guessing it's non vented.
    I know I've got to get it higher than the fuel filler but there's nowhere to go. Looked over the build threads on Brizio's site but I can't find any pics of any fuel tank vent routing.
    ANY SUGGESTIONS and PICS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

3. Ken Keene

Ken Keene

I used a very small bit and drilled two holes at a 45 degree angle from the inside of the gas cap through the inner lid. Vented and no direct
    path for water to enter the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. On my 32 coupe with a stock tank and cap, I had to run it higher than the tank or the roll-over valve wouldn't function...I used a Tanks aluminum valve from Yogi's and made a bracket to mount it on the inner rear fender well behind the tire(it was a high boy). If you really looked hard enough you could see it tucked in there...but it solved the issue of getting it up in the air higher than the tank..

Attached Files:

5. marfen

marfen
    from sask

great tips thx

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On our rumble seat coupe, with a tanks tank in, the 5/16 hard line vent comes through the floor in the drip tray LH corner ,loops up behind the vertical rumble lid hinge support and back down towards the rear and finally out through the drip tray so the tube is not really visible at all.