Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford 3Window Barn Find in Pennsylvania Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jun 10, 2010.

1. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Barn find lawn mower??!! Now THATS gotta be worth sumthin.

2. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

50K? Look at it this way. A fully loaded 2010 3/4 ton pickup with an empty car trailer behind it comes in at about that value. 20 years from now the pickup and trailer will be worthless, what's the 32 going to be worth then?

3. rustymetal

rustymetal

just talking to the auction guy will not take phone bids.
    he said that you would have to see it in person , and he thinks 15,000 to 20,000
    hope some one follows this up later

4. S1B

S1B

Or look at it this way. With that truck and trailer you, could find a way to make money.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it will depend on how many people show up specifically to bid on the 32 with trailer in tow. Get a few guys in a bidding war and all bets are off.

6. fatabone

fatabone

A buddy of mine is going to the auction tomorrow and talked to a guy who helped set up this auction. The 32 had new interior installed along time ago with a chevy rear and a smallblock Ford engine. It has some rust on the top of the doors and in the rockers and has been setting outside since 1967 when it was bought by this owner. The word is he bought it in 1967 and stopped working on it in 1972.

7. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

I know the farm & the barn that the 3 window came from , I needed a place to sleep one night but the only room left was with the farmers daughters:):eek:

8. sawzall

sawzall

I WOULD ENJOY PHOTOS OF THE CAR AND the AUCTION REPORT AFTER THE AUCTION.. which I hope someone provides.

Speculating, as this post has done, and advertising the auction before it occurs. .will result (in my opinion) in a sale Unrepresentative of the market. which further muddy's the waters surrounding the value of these types of cars.
    this car, at auction tomorrow.. in a well advertised auction in an area rich with hot rodders, and within a reasonable drive of several major metropolitan areas (nyc, DE, Baltimore, Philly) has the potential to drive bidding out of hand..

On a more personal level, (and why i posted anyway) I am perhaps the only guy on the hamb who has no interest in a 32 ford.. (unless i can find a woodie.) so you'll never need to worry about bidding against me.

now if it were a 40 coupe...

fwiw..

heres a POST auction report you may enjoy
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347445&highlight=nottingham+auction

9. synthsis

synthsis

not the only guy Jeff, 32's do nothing for me. they look funny to me, like the roof was an afterthought, like a hat on a bald guy. haha.

10. 392_hemi

392_hemi

I dunno, but sure seems like a lot of 3-windows popping up for sale lately. There must have been 5 or 6 on ebay in the past month or so. And a couple in the classifieds here as well.

11. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

"High Rollers" buy nice shit.. that's why there High rollers.

It's a cool find, and neat to see, but I doubt it breaks the $30,000 mark. My guess is $20,000 - $25,000

Might be a hard pill to swallow for some, but it's where we are at right now..

Lots of unanswered questions.. (that I might have missed)

Tittle? ($800-$1200)
    Garnish moldings? ($1500-$2500)
    Dash with glove box? ($800-1000)
    Floors?
    early or late Firewall?
    Firewall cut or not?
    inner body Rust?
    Class?
    Frame rust?

Just cause the High Rollers are standing there, doesn't mean there gonna buy it.. You don't become a High Roller by buying junk for crazy money..

Like I said, it's cool, but it's still ROUGH!

:cool:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  12. I'm sure if it's even halfway decent (and it doesn't look bad what I can see) it will go for good money. Especially since there's nothing you can't replace on this car if need be. You could title it for free (well, for the cost of insurance and registration) in New York, so that's irrelevant too. Will it be representative of the market? Depends on who's there and how bad they want it, it will certainly be representative of the market that shows up at the auction. I hate to guess without actually seeing it, but anywhere in the $30,000-$50,000 range wouldn't surprise me. Since it's not like an eBay listing with a hidden reserve, it's going to sell to whoever bids the most regardless, that could drive up the final bid as well.

And the guys who call this one a "rusted pile of junk" need to stick to working on those die-cast metal kits you used to be able to buy at Wal-mart, compared to some of the rusted pieces of shit some people have resurrected, this thing is mint. It never ceases to amaze me the supposed car guys who think something is crap because the paint's burned off and it has a rot hole or two in it after close to 80 years of existance.

13. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

SOLD.

$19,500 boys...

:p

The guy we sent up went to $15,000 and it stalled... and he thought, "Shit, I don't want that thing for 15!" Then two guys in the back took off with it and it ended at $19,500

AND....

It had a tittle and chrome garnish moldings.

No dash, and the glove box went separate for $250...

It is what it is...

J Shaw

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  14. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Price realized @ hammer drop or after buyer's premium?

15. fatabone

fatabone

Josh is right my buddy Tim bought it. When he gets it home I'll post up some pics.

16. No buyers premium. Straight up.

TH

17. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

From what the prices have been in the last few years on Henry steel 32 3ws, I'd say that was a GOOD deal!

18. billylo

billylo

Seems way to cheap, but the economy is down!

19. 88 gtu

88 gtu

Thats realistic,I'm glad to see it didn't do 50 grand.Now someone has that car that will really appreciate it!

20. Well, that's cheap enough to throw some primer on it and put it on eBay and make yourself a few grand on it.

21. thequietwon

thequietwon

I think that was a good price on the car...If the new buyer has buyers remorse for some reason, I'll gladly give him his money back! I have a nice, cozy little spot just perfect for this little gem in east TN...
    Congrats to the new owner!!!
    Sam

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Joshua, What else was in the auction that we would be interested in? Congratulations to the new '32 owner!

23. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

WTF!?, you Ford guys are wacky.

24. Ditto

25. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Stude, you are dead nuts correct. :p

26. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Hell of a deal compared to the one that sold last fall here in Nrbraska.

27. bonesy

bonesy

Wow. That's a good deal - good for the buyer.

28. 37cpe

37cpe
    from Central PA

here's some more prices from auction:

32 glovebox lid.....$280

32 glovebox....$180

32 firewall....$400

32 k-member.....$400
    (nice removal / not torched)

32 rad......$120

32 grill shell/insert/trim....$1400

29. calvinh

calvinh

Was it determined what engine was in it?

30. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

It does look in better shape then the one that sat in that leaky garage in Columbus Ohio.