Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Fiberglass 32 Ford? Yes or no?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, May 28, 2010.

?
  1. Never, no way under any circumstances

108 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. Only if you can't afford a real one

128 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Hell yes!

215 vote(s)
    47.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

As has been stated already, You drive what you can afford.

Sure we all want a Henry original body, but life dictates what you can afford.... So long as you put paint on it, you can make a Glass car look just as good as any Steel car.

2. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ask Dave Allen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

4. zzford

zzford

Hear, Hear !!!

5. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

So I'm guessing most of people who talk shit about fiberglass 32 bodies don't and never will actually own a 32 ford (fiberglass or steel).

6. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

A fiberglass 32 ford styled car will never be a real 32 ford no matter how much you try and make it look like one.

7. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Your opinion is the only one that should matter....If you want it, get it!:D

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Just like a 40' or 50's "style" Hot Rod will never be a REAL 40's or 50's Hot Rod,.. No matter how much you try to make it look like one. Just another FAKE !

9. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

So the "traditional" cars that people build now are all fakes? The only truely tradional hotrods were build in the 40s & 50s?

10. Exactly....I'm amazed by number of narrow minded 32 'hooligans' that this board has created. He never asked if a 1932 glass car body replica could be a 'Genuine Henry Ford Traditional Survivor with 70 years of patina and Von Dutch pinstriping'. The '23 in my avatar is a misture of fiberglass, aluminum and wood body, but it is more 'fun per second' than any car i own, although an a daily basis an old more traditional steel car or truck is more satisfying....not that a glass street car wouldn't be I just don't have any that run...

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

Only if you apply the Glass VS. Steel criteria that the "minority" adhere to on this thread,.... It doesn't mater to me either way, I have cars that are Original Steel that were Hot Rods back in the day,... I have (and have had) cars That are Steel and Glass built in the "Style" of traditional Hot Rods,.... because thats the style I like,..... and have liked sence the late 60's/early 70's.

Back when Traditional cars, were called "Nostalgia cars" and VERY FEW guy's were interested or involved in it,.... This is a chassis we were building in the mid to early 70's (1973-1974 to be exact),.... when most people thought we were waisting out time on "That old style Junk" ,.....
    [​IMG]
    Mor-drop axle, stock 32 Wishbone, shortened 40 Banjo rear, 59 AB, with All the speed parts,39 Trans with a Zepher 2nd. gear.... 56 F-1 Steering, steelies with pie crust slicks,....... Etc.

A number of you,... including (or especially) the younger guy's, act like you invented the "Traditional Hot Rod movement" and can dictate what's acceptable and what ain't,..... sorry guy's, that Dog don't hunt !

Here are a few other "Nostalgia cars" being built in the 70's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Late 60's,... Chopped 32. 5/W 331 Cadillac, 39 Trans, 40 Rear, 4" Kelsey's in the front 7" Kelsey's in the back,.... Again with Pie Crust Slicks.
    [​IMG]

This ain't my first Rodeo.

Jump forward a few years to 1978,.... This is my first "FIBERGLASS bodied" Hot Rod, Built the same as the steel one above, It was a VWT body,.... again this was 1978,.... A "traditional styled fiberglass bodied hot rod" built 32 years ago,.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So,.. who died and made you guy's Boss ?

Last edited: May 31, 2010
    DenverFlash likes this.
  12. badgeree

badgeree

Not buying into this ancient argument.:rolleyes: My all steel '31 is a survivor from early times, but I reckon I'd have as much fun driving a 'glass 32. (So long as I could glue on a Sun Visor, so it looks like a real hotrod!):):):) Hee Hee Hee.
    Buy what you want and can afford to do up, then enjoy it.

13. In a few years this debate will rage over skateboards.

14. So a real Henry body on a new "reproduction" frame is also a KIT car ?? :confused:

15. Agreed,,I guess us older Farts ain't really as closed minded or narrow minded as the youth of today. HRP

16. Chuck R

Chuck R

Harms Way, I dig your stuff, and the way you think.

Here is a pic of my wanna be 32. Some of you should turn away quickly so you are not upset by a plastic hot rod.
    chuck
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  17. Ha! That's classic... I'll just say this... I personally have no idea why the steel only guys bash the glass guys. Glass guys don't cut up original cars so what's the problem?

18. S.F.

S.F.

I've driven a couple glass cars and they were just as fun as a steel one....plus they dont rattle around like some steel cars do.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  19. Harms Way, you nailed it! What's funny is the guys that are so intolerant own modelA's or cars built in the 50's!

20. I am sure glad all you '32 glass and repro Brookville body haters don't show up for the Deuce Run!

We have some of the nicest guys and gals that show up in Henry's finest steel while others show up driving glass and repro cars and no body has a attitude,,we all have a great time together,,but you gotta remember,,most of us are gray beards.:D HRP

21. S.F.

S.F.

Thats very suprising, never knew anyone built stuff like that in the 70's.

22. likesoldstuff

likesoldstuff

One could argue if you began with a "real" '32 and everything else was repro and the mill was a crate LS or such, then that car is not real. The lines get real fuzzy. We all know what we like, who cares if it is 'glass or steel as long as it has the look? BTW, I have seen lots of fugly built "real" cars..didn't matter that they were "real", they were still fugly.

23. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

It's not so much the materials as it is the delivery. Build it to the traditional style you want, make it look good, and don't worry about what a few people may say about it not being authentic.

24. gmans356

gmans356
    from MDR

All of this sounds like peer pressure to me...seriously everybody that claims to be traditional Hotrodders...aren't you just copying what was done in the 40s and 50s? personally I really dont care what people drive or what its made of, as long as they are having fun and who of us is to say what they should or shouldn't drive...WFT?? I am fortunate to have steel cars, however I have some friends who have glass cars and last time I looked they were having just as much fun as everybody else. And its none of our business what it sells for or doesn't! So I guess Hotrods are pretty much like streetrods after all! its about the image and how much they cost and if you are cool enough to hang out with the .."Traditional Hotrodders!" what a joke...sounds like a whole lot os posing going on..this is not the 30s, 40s or 50s Fonzie! get over it and drive your f@#$king cars and shut up and be cool..your not gangster, greasers or what ever your fantasy is..your a bunch of grown men whining about something that isnt important...what is important that everybody is trying to do the best they can with what they have or can afford....sounds like the American Dream to me!...I had to throw that in there!...hahaha! later...Peace get off the computer and drive you cars and play nice!

25. Chuck R

Chuck R

It's the people, the cars just bring us together.
    chuck

26. rivguy

rivguy

I say go with what works for you now. Build it up and keep the gennie car on the backburner of ideas. I'm not that old yet, (only mid fifties) but nobody knows how many good years they have left, I'm not going to wait until it's too late. Like most guys my financial situation is not going to loosen up for years, I try to enjoy what I can afford. I thought hobby cars were just about having fun, not drama.

27. howco

howco

Hold out for the steel, it's worth the wait.....

28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Harms Way is currently my favorite HAMBster. And I'm going to stop saying "traditional" and start saying "nostalgia".

-Dave

29. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I wish people would understand that when they "quote" someones post like Harms Way's that has a bunch of pics...they are reposting all of the same pics again...and again...and again.

But as far as the original post....I voted Hell Yes!

30. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Hmmmm. I could look at those pics again...and again...and again.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.