Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 prebuild

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by torpedo8, Apr 13, 2005.

1. torpedo8

torpedo8
    BANNED
    from hell

hay guys, im tryin to brainstorm on this project that i could very well be getting in the near future. just want to run a couple things past the guillotine

first off i only have 1 theme for this car, that im going to try to stick with. that being, if i dont have the parts, im gonna make it, i know some parts im gonna have to buy, but that goes with the build.

the car is a 1931 pontiac 2 dr coupe, im getting the body only, hopefully a grille too, the chassis i want to make out of 2 x 3 box, and mabe even drill n sleeve it. i got a axle from a 31 plymouth(so ive been told) that i can hang out in the front. for the rearend i was looking at this 8.2 rearend i got in my box, thats a runner. i was also thinking about using the existing trailing arms that are on it too. i just bought a donar truck for 200 bucks, and i think that the transmission (t-10) would fit the bill perfectly, it came with a chevy 350 but thats getting sold to fund this project. im gonna bolt that t-10 up to my pontiac 350. mabe a inhouse intake & headers!

the body im pretty much betting that its in sad shape, i probally will patch everything, chop or not, i dont know, same goes with a channel, gonna leave that open untill i get a rolling chassis.

what do you guys think of using mid to late 60's parts on my rod? i know its probally not the most traditional, but id rather see that under there than a FAB-9.

2. BrotherLew

BrotherLew
    from CenCal

did you ever get the 31 Poncho? I've just begun a prject on the same car. do you haev any pics and/or suggestions?