Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1930 Ford Model A Coupe

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Bluedot, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Bluedot

Bluedot

City: Claremore

State: Oklahoma (Boomer!)
    Price: $22,500
    The short list - Hiboy coupe, 4” chop, 455 Olds, Muncie, Ford 9”. 7K miles since total build.
    Overview – This is not a “streetrod” – I built it as a simple no frills hot rod. It’s noisy, it rides rough, bare bones, power nothing except the engine, no heat, no air. Just the way I wanted it. If you’re looking for a comfortable cruiser, this is probably not your ride.
    Not interested in trades.
    History: I bought the body in July 2011 from another HAMBr, already chopped, with doors, garnish moldings, less trunk lid. Everything else was either bought by me or built my son and me. “New” in the description below means new at the time of build, now 6 yrs/7K miles ago.
    The rest of the story:
    Body – Replaced 100% of the wood. Body had the usual lower rear body rust. Rear corners, lower cowl, and wheelwells all repaired with patch panels. There was no trunk lid. Installed a used glass lid, actually the rumble seat type (hinged at bottom). ’32 radiator shell is also glass, with custom aluminum insert. Roof insert is Howell’s Sheetmetal, and is removable (not welded in). All new glass (grey tint). Laminate windshield (with new aluminum frame, swings out like stock), tempered glass for the rest. Reversed firewall. Cowl gas tank was gutted for easy under dash access to wiring etc. Gas tank is a Tanks, Inc 16 gallon, now in the trunk, along with the battery.
    Paint – Burgundy acrylic lacquer from TPC Global. Shot by me, so-so job. Roof insert painted with pickup bed liner.
    Frame – Riley Automotive, out of Colorado. They make a very simple design that appealed to me. It has managed the big block Olds torque just fine. Stepped 6” rear, swept 4” front.
    Engine – ’74 Olds 455, completely rebuilt 7K miles ago. 30 over, balanced together with flywheel. Offenhauser 2 x 4 intake, with 2 AFBs from ’65 Buick 425. Mild Crower hydraulic cam. Stock ignition except for Pertronix in distributor. Champion radiator, mechanical fan cools it well. Headers fabricated with a Speedway kit, into 3.5” side pipes with internal baffles and glasspacks.
    Drivetrain – Stock Olds flywheel and clutch, Howe hydraulic throwout bearing, Wilwood master. M20 Muncie recently gone through by me, with some parts replaced. Shifts fine, synchros all good. Hurst Comp Plus shifter was new when car was built. Driveshaft loop. 9” Ford, 3.25, with TracLock.
    Suspension – Pete & Jakes 4” drop front axle, with P&J hairpins, superslide reversed eye spring . Rear has P&J ladders, ’32 spring. Tube shocks all around.
    Steering – Corvair column, and new (repop) Corvair box. Conventional draglink design (not cross steer).
    Brakes – Front is Speedway late 70s Malibu disc setup. Rear is stock Ford drums. Working e-brake. Master cylinder is GM, non-power. Pedal effort is normal.
    Wheels/tires – Wheels are late 70s Lincoln Versailles, 15 x 6, slightly modified to look like baby Halibrands. Tires are 165/80-R15 front, and 235/75-R15 rear.
    Electrical and Lighting - Speedway wiring harness. Headlights are ’34 commercial/halogen, with park/turn signal in the headlight. Taillights ’48 Chevy with bluedots. Third brakelight inside rear window (not visible unless on).
    Instruments – Used Sun Super tach, used S/W speedo. All new at build: S/W oil, temp, volt, and gas gages.
    Interior – Semi-finished. Bench seat is from a Mopar minivan, not reupholstered, looks OK as is. Modified so seatback can be moved forward for easier behind-the-seat access. Seat is mounted on modified seat tracks so can be adjusted forward/back. Floors and tunnel are marine grade plywood, with insulation. Most interior surfaces (doors, kick panels, ceiling, quarters, rear panel) are just black ABS plastic. I like the look, wife hates it. Carpet is burgundy, just a simple amateur job (wasn’t important to me – I like simple.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. Bluedot

Bluedot

Sold, thanks for looking.