Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1930 Dodge Floor Install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Recks30, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Recks30

Recks30

Hey guys, I've hit a wall now that I'm about to install the floors on my '30 Dodge Sedan. The chassis is done, the body is sitting on it.

My question is; do I make a subfloor frame that is welded to the chassis? Or, do I weld 90* channel to the body and build a subframe off that channel?

As you can see in the pics, the body drops over the side of the chassis. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  2. Recks30

Recks30

Here's a pic of the body off the chassis for reference and one of the chassis completed. 27.JPG 20150415_142822.jpg

3. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Build the floors to the body, this way you can remove the body complete with floor and have the chassis bare. Just like the auto industry has for many many years.

If you want you could go the extra mile and build the sub floor to also bolt into the body then the entire body assembly to bolt onto the frame. I've seen that done a couple times but it's a lot more work and to me isn't worth it.

4. Recks30

Recks30

Thanks! Bending the 90* angle steel to fit the coke bottle shape of the body may be a challenge. Definitely limited in skill and tools lol.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017