Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 1931 model A windshield wiper motor ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fenders, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Fenders

Fenders

Searched the HAMB but could not find the info I need.
    Looking for a 12 volt electric WSW motor for a 30 31 Ford (see my avatar), that still allows the WS to open and close...

I have one like this
    http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/modelaparts/windshieldwiper
    found in a stash -- works but note cannot swing WS with it installed.

The original vacuum wiper mounted on the outside.

Anyone found a motor that mounts with original WS and interior coupe parts? Don't care whether it mounts inside or outside, as long as it's not $300 !!!!

2. flthd31

flthd31

I used a "Mighty Wiper" on this coupe. The wiper arm has enough outward travel away from the windshield that the window swings out fine.
    It's not visible inside the car. The whole body is imbedded in the wooden header and covered with upholstery. Only downside is the wiper is way overpriced at 145 but it IS made in USA.

Attached Files:

3. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Go to your local pic a part and get the wiper assembly off a jeep yj tj cj bj dj, whatever they call them. I used one on my model a truck, above the windshield. It was a tight fit, and I had to fab up the mount for it, as well as a cover for the inside. Not at home right now, so I can't take any pics. The jeep unit has a very short stroke arm off the motor, in order to fit below the folding windshield of the jeep.
    Biggest downside is that the wiper stud mounts are huge plastic pieces of crap, but they aren't that easy to see unless you bend down and look up under the visor. That's what I did anyway, and my windshield will still fold out.
    I should note that my wiper studs are above the windshield, not mounted in the stock hole in the windshield frame. Only the wiper arms themselves sit on top of the windshield and there isn't much movement up there, so the rubber just flexes.

4. Pierre H

Pierre H
    from france

5. Fenders

Fenders

All good ideas, I'm sure one will work for me -- thanks!!