Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929 Willys 3 window Hemi powered Whippet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Jan 2, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just read that Isky used the top of a 32 Grill shell on the bottom of his grill shell. I thought I created this. LOL!! Oh well maybe not the first time that this trick was done but I figured it out myself and its cool to see others that had the same mind set. I just need to fill in the hole.

2. 40FordDeluxe

40FordDeluxe

Very nice job! It has come along way and I really like how it looks and sets.

3. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

I believe Idskendarian used the top halves of two '34 Pontiac grills mated together. JohnnyA

The Rabid Whippet likes this.
  4. Whippet.jpg It's been a while since I posted anything but I have driven the hell out of this car. I have driven this car on 9 hr drives and get out wanting ti do it again!! I mean this is the most comfortable car for long drives. Even my wife who cant drive more than 2 hrs without screaming in pain just did a 10 hr cruise in it and no pain!!! So I ripped off those ugly disc brakes that were on the 1940 stock front end and installed Lincoln self energizing 12" drum brakes. It stops 100% better and looks 1000% cooler, I installed some NOS Lyons 16" hubcaps which gives is a way cooler look, got all te gauges working including the 1957 Olds gauge cluster all working even the high beam light, installed all new exhaust lake pipes and 2 1/4" under the car all the way out the back.

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

For some reason I'm no longer able to see the older photos that were posted. All I can see is the dreaded RED X.

Problem with my computer or did the HAMB delete them?

6. Looks really good! (I also can no longer see the older photos.)

7. I cant see the old ones either. HAMB deal as I never did anything on my end. I'd hate to have to re-upload all the pictures.

8. 12970995_10154082281372726_5122587032195551266_o.jpg
    This was how I got it but the guy wanted the rear end out of it and the front wheels. I had the roof sitting under a tree before I got the car. I had to shorten it, widen it, chop it and infill it. Then make some panels to reach the rear part of the doors.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  9. IMGP0170.JPG
    You can see the original roof under the one sitting on top. That was a crapload of work getting the one that is just sitting on the old one to work!!

10. George

George

Discs seem to be over rated. My '48 Plym has drums all the way around. Had to replace the brake booster. Didn't know at the time but the operating rod on the blown one had been shortened, so at the OEM length the proportioning valve closed off the back brakes. Drove a few years with only the front brakes working, didn't notice anything. Only noticed when the right front cyl went out & it really wouldn't stop w/o going into neutral on sand or wet pavement with only the left front brake working.

11. uncle buck

uncle buck

I will have have to admit..., he has been driving the hell out that all year long! Even to work meetings in downtown Seattle traffic

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy likes this.