Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1929 Model A Two Door Conversion

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by JTRodder, Jun 26, 2014.

1. I like the proportions of this one, a little off from a tudor but I think it suits the chop you have done (chopped tudor's sometimes look a little odd to my eye) I do agree that it'd look good as a delivery and it'd be entertaining at a show hearing all of the "experts" claiming how it was built by "so and so's" body builders and there were only "so many made" and you shouldn't have hot rodded such a rare car:D. keep up the good work, I'll be watching.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    JTRodder likes this.
  2. mike bowling

mike bowling

Nice job.I'm all for creativity and using what you have (I think they used to call it "hot-rodding")Start with a pile of leftovers and build it! Keep posting!! Mike from Mass.

Attached Files:

poboyross likes this.
  3. That's what I'm looking for! :D I thought some might not like that I rodded this one, picked up the complete car fresh out of the barn for $1750 DSCN1057.JPG After selling all the stuff I wasn't going to need like the rolling chassis, fenders, bumpers, etc.. I have less than $250 in the body.

4. Pete

Pete

Im diggin' it.....work with what you have and make it work, thats what sets everyone apart.

5. Roger53

Roger53

Very good start let the car tell ya where to go now grab a chair and have long sit down with it.Great start young man !

6. butch27

butch27

Looks like we have a real hot rodder here.

7. jkski

jkski

very slick,I like the proportions of rear to the front

8. I'm with HotRodPrimer on the darker rear glass. Gives you the best of both a tudor and sedan delivery. You're 18 and have this much skill and an eye for aesthetics? Wow, looks like the torch gets passed to a world-class runner.

9. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Nice work so far, I would be tempted to delivery panel the back windows though to close it up proportion-wise. Then maybe a rear single back cargo door conversion as well.

10. ^ that is a cool idea.

11. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Great work! Love the proportions.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

JTRodder likes this.
  12. No doubt about the talent,with guys like this the future of hot rods is in safe hands. :) HRP

JTRodder likes this.
  13. Ron Plumlee

Ron Plumlee

I am brand new here, as of today. Doing a build very similar but using a 34 4-door, removed rear doors, grafted front of fronts to rear of rears, have a nice long door for entry but WHAT a project. Have a pro doing the heavy lifting part time and it is a struggle, too many curves means a ton of pie cuts and tons of seams, but it sure looks perfect. Sure do admire our 18 year old for his bravery! Will post mine soon, just finding my way around.

JTRodder likes this.
  14. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

really cool. I wish I had half your ambition!

JTRodder likes this.
  15. Another vote for sedan delivery. That would be so fucking cool with that chop.

16. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

great job, 18 yrs. old huh? you have a bright future in the hot rod world young man.

JTRodder likes this.
  17. You seem to have ALOT more ambition and enthusiasm when you have no money!

bengeltiger and JTRodder like this.
  18. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Looks great to me,I like chop n the size of rear side window too,shaping up.

JTRodder likes this.
  19. Great job, I started with a tudor and had more metal work to do than you will have!

Attached Files:

• 10.JPG
      10.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    dana barlow and JTRodder like this.
  20. Thank you for all your support and ideas everyone, when I posted this I didn't know if anyone would even look at it. It is really cool to hear you guys talk about what a great job I'm doing and just drives me to push further, it really means a lot.

dana barlow likes this.
  21. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Great job on the transformation JTRodder. Stay after it. A big project like this tends to get bogged down in the middle if you're not careful, but keep going and you'll have something to be really proud of.

Wow! that's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I think 33-4's are the best looking cars Ford built. Just a couple weeks ago I was fooling around with a photo editing program and built a "Sports Sedan" photo. I'll probably never get to build one because of the lack of a rough car to cut up and I don't want to spend the money for a good car. Maybe someday I'll find one that suits me. Until then, I really would like to see your project.

Here are my ideas, before and after. No change in wheelbase, just move the cowl/firewall and splice the doors. Sounds simple, too bad it isn't, huh? 6218465579_a8157c1ed5_z (Medium).jpg 6218465579_a8157c1ed5_zz (Medium).jpg

kiwijeff and Barn Find like this.
  22. You'd have one hell of a lot of room for a motor!

23. Bitchin!!!! Fantastic craftsmanship!

JTRodder likes this.
  24. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see photos of the left side and back. This kid is on his way to being a hopeless car nut. What a great disease it is ! ! Your individuality speaks volumes. Keep up the crazy work. Do it YOUR way.

JTRodder likes this.
  25. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whatever you decide to do, there will be piles of want-to-be experts who know just what this thing USED TO BE. It will be fun listening to these asswipes.

26. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

So far this looks good; the Murray bodied sedans were really smooth compared to the regular '28/'29s. Just a thought - let's try this. The big visual difference between the two and four door sedans is in the width of the C-pillar. So if you cut out the rear part of the window area just above the beltline and moved it forward several inches...
    [​IMG]
    ...and filled in the space, you'd get something like this. As a bonus, the downward slope of the top of the window gives it an extra custom touch over how an original two-door looked. Worth a shot?
    Good luck with it - looks like it's going to be a sweet ride.

Tim, Hnstray, 46international and 4 others like this.
  27. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Keep hammering away at that thing and soon you'll be watchin the asphalt disappear under your hood. What a good feeling.

JTRodder and sko_ford like this.
  28. Needs a Buick straight eight under that hood.

sko_ford likes this.
  29. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Good thought chrisbcritter, that makes it look a lot more like an original tudor.... if that's what he's after.

30. That's sharp looking, and looks finished also like it was meant to be that way!