Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1929 Ford coupe (Frankenstien Build)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jarheadrodder, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Every since that "Piss Yellow Ford" went across the silver screen, I've had Hot Rod Fever. I've feed that fever with some great cars, but haven't come up with an old Henry until now. Theres not much of pre depression henry left in this hooptie
    but whats left is mine, and I'm excited about this build more than ever. Its pretty much a pieced together Rat Rod Sows Ear, but you gotta start somewhere. The frame and running gear are in decent shape with just a need of a little tweakin for some personal preferences. it had taken a hit many years ago in the right rear subframe rails and then abused in a bad hack job. ive removed the damaged area along with the quarters below the body line where it had been welded on. it was obvious by looking at the condition of the body when I bought it that the previous owner/builder was more concerned with the performance than the look. I'm going to do my best to bring this monster back from the dead. I'm using a 55 ford parts car for everything I can possibly fab up and steal metal from. My budget doesn't allow for all the pre-fab store bought pieces and too much silk in this purse will not look right anyway. here are a few pictures of my progress so far. I'm an amature with basic tools so keep that in mind before you bash me. I shoe horses for a living so shaping cars is second to shaping shoes. Hope Yall are all well! Semper Fi!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    kiwijeff likes this.
  2. So far so good. The dash is cool.
    You are gonna replace the steering wheel & air filter, right?o_O

Jarheadrodder likes this.
  3. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

4. Jibs

Jibs

You've got yourself a real project there. Good luck, I'm subscribed.

5. That's a great beginning. Look forward to watching what you do with it.