Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1928 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HJLrulz, May 10, 2017.

1. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

Well, I finally bought a gently used, one owner, low mileage, '28 Chevy. The guyI bought it from said all it probably needed was a tune up and air in the tires...

[​IMG]

Sent from my cell phone when I shoulda been working, using the H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

...but really, does anybody know where I can get things like.... frame dimensions, body dimensions, ....hahaha,.... or anything related to this ....... car ...or truck,.... or?????????

Sent from my cell phone when I shoulda been working, using the H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. squirrel

squirrel

I guess mine was a little more complete, although the cowl was mostly what it had for a body.

Since you don't have anything else, you can build it however you want. No need for stock dimensions.

luckythirteenagogo and HJLrulz like this.
  4. r2c1

r2c1

HLJrulz There are several body manuals for the early Chevy. I know one or two of them have dimensions. Try 1928 Chevrolet body manual on Ebay. I'll look thru mine , but it will be a few days before I get back to my shop. Ron

HJLrulz and dirtracer06 like this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

better make that there is water in the radiator too

6. Toqwik

Toqwik

Wow and it has the super rare sunburst firewall. It's a 1 of 1. Worth millions!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HJLrulz likes this.
  7. foxforcefive

foxforcefive

Hjlrulz I've got doors, quarters, cowl ,rad shell, and head lights that are looking for a new home. They came with my 29/30 Chevrolet coupe and I'm trying to free up space. Send me a pm if you are interested and I'll get you some pics

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

Yeah, that's kinda the way im thinking about it too... I have no idea what it originally looked like, so I'm free to make it into anything I want. But I do want it to be somewhat stock-ish looking, not some kinda R__-R__ look . Right now I'm thinking pick up or woodie. Engine wise im not sure, but leaning towards something old if i can find something interesting but not a S.B.C. I love them, I have several in my garage, but then again so does everybody else...lol... if i did go sbc I have a older 283 block and crank that i would probably go with. It doesn't excite me though.

kiwijeff and r2c1 like this.
  9. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

Thank you for the info Ron

10. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

Lol, I may have gotten burned, the guy told me it was a rare air cooled motor

11. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

Hahaha. Yup

12. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

Yeah i may be interested, I'll pm you soon. Thank you

13. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

Here's an idea...
    Zeke Millers 28 Chevy Roadster.jpg

slv63 likes this.
  14. HJLrulz

HJLrulz

Nice, i could go that way

15. squirrel

squirrel

looks like a coupe cowl, they are a bit wider than the roadster cowl.

r2c1 likes this.
  16. Yup, it's a coupe or sedan cowl (the belt line is throwing me, because it looks like it starts further back than normal), but that doesn't mean you couldn't do a pie cut along the top to bring the back closer together, like a roadster/touring cowl.

17. Ghost28

Ghost28

Ihave one of those cowls for a 28 chevy sedan. i have used the rest of the parts on my roadster build. IMG_20170128_133145.jpg

tractorguy, kiwijeff and TFoch like this.
  18. Ghost, thanks for the pic- I forgot about the firewall band!

tractorguy likes this.
  19. squirrel

squirrel

I made that cut on mine.... :)

20160721_140012.jpg

20. r2c1

r2c1

Started with coupe cowl. Ron

Attached Files:

tractorguy likes this.